028. don't care i'm having fun

L I F E L I N E

march 9, 2023

"jamesy, is this not enough?" liberty questioned the boy sat on his bed, all his attention moving his attention away from his phone and straight to her the second she spoke. "i wear this all the time, should i wear something else?"

"you're going bowling," daniel softly shook his head. "if you're comfortable, just wear that. it's not date." subtly smiling as he watched her look at herself in the mirror. "i think you look good."

"mh okay," she softly hummed in agreement, turning away from the mirror and walking over towards her best friend. taking a seat on the edge of his bed as she put her socks on. "so is violet coming here or are you going there?"

"i think she's coming here, but i'm gonna go pick her up to save her friend a trip," he explained.

"do you want me to drive to her's and she can bring my car back here and i'll just uber from there?"

he shook his head, "i think she has like anxiety when it comes to driving. it's okay lib, i'll pick her up."

"oh-kayy," she sarcastically replied as she got back up, walking over and slipping her feet into her shoes she had left by his bedroom door.

"are you ready?" he received a hum as he followed her actions. "i'll drop you off, save you an uber."

"tank you."

shoving his phone into his pocket whilst she grabbed her little going out bag, he then gently placed his hands on her side causing them to both letting out small chuckles as he lead her out of his bedroom.

heading out to his car and getting in, liberty picked her playlist from his selection as they begun the drive to the bowling alley she was meeting there friends at.

"so are you staying at jack's again tonight?"

"if violet's staying at yours, i will," liberty nodded. "i don't think she'll appreciate meeting the girl best friend who's also the ex, late at night cause she wants to sleep over when it's your second time hanging out.."

"mh, you got a point," he agreed.

"i'll meet her when i'm sober and it's not after ten-pm and you've hung out with her mh.. at least four times- unless she wants to meet me before then of course."

"are you going to drink tonight?"

"mhm," she quickly hummed. "i know jack and i have been hanging out like everyday but it's still a little awkward.. and i don't know anyone else going other than zach."

"maybe don't have too much.."

"you don't trust them with someone who's drunk?" she raised a brow.

"no, it's just you have work tomorrow and you don't like doing anything after a big night of drinking, that's all.. and if you're staying at jack's, there's no guarantee he'll make sure you're up in time.."