Home

JEAN'S POV

As he stood over Eren's motionless body lying in the road, he began to panic. He was pissed at him, but for a moment, he saw Eren as he used to believe him to be, as one of his best friends, helplessly lying there, by his own hands. He felt guilt wash over him. He crouched down and shook him vigorously, attempting to wake him up. After he realized his efforts weren't successful, he lifted Eren's upper body and hoisted him over his shoulder. It was dark out, so he hoped to get Eren inside without anyone noticing. He carried him hurriedly to the back door and entered the frat house as quietly as possible With Eren's large body slumped over his. Jean carried him to his room and let him down onto his bed. 

He noticed Eren's bloodied knuckles and furrowed his brows for a moment but he quickly left the room and made his way to his car. He punched his steering wheel and sat there with his head in his hands.

 He punched his steering wheel and sat there with his head in his hands

Y/N'S POV

Professor Ackerman's view didn't waver from your dad's gaze for even a moment. 

"This is a family matter."

"One that she clearly doesn't want to be involved with." Ackerman responded

Your father now turned his whole body to face your professor. He had a vein protruding from his forehead and his face was red, as it usually was when you saw him. You still stood there paralyzed, you liked to imagine yourself as an outsider, with a bird's view watching things unfold, as you are now. When your father would scream at you or... put his hands on you? You didn't remember if he did or not. He certainly convinced you he had never hurt you, and your mind blacked out memories of those years. You remember feeling like you were out of your body, like you were watching the main character of a TV show, you hadn't felt that way since. Until now.

"Are you going to leave willingly or are you just planning to stand there and let your blood pressure get even higher, old man" Professor Ackerman said

Your dad reached for his throat out of anger. However, your professor simply dodged and put himself behind your father, swiftly grabbing his arms and pinning them behind his back as he raised his knee and dug it between his shoulders, forcing your dad to lay face down onto the floor.

You couldn't explain why you felt bad for your father but you did. In an instant you were reminded of the doting father he was before your mom died. The man who took you to get ice-cream with him every Sunday, The man who you taught to braid hair with your barbie dolls, The man who woke up at 6am every day to have that short car ride to school with you every morning, even in silence.

You could no longer hold back your tears as they streamed down your face and you spoke

"I'll go. For a few days." You said. Professor Ackerman turned to look at you while he had your father pinned down, without loosening his grip. He showed more emotion than you had seen before, he seemed concerned, or disappointed. You couldn't tell

"let go of me!" Your father shouted and your professor watched as you nodded in confirmation before he released his arms and rose from his position

"let go of me!" Your father shouted and your professor watched as you nodded in confirmation before he released his arms and rose from his position. Your dad, flustered, stood up and stormed out of the door, briefly stopping before the door closed.

"Come on Y/n" He said and the door slammed behind him.

You turned to face Sasha, Connie, and Professor Ackerman. Sasha appeared to be on the brink of tears, Connie stood there wide-eyed, and your professor had gained his usual expression back.

"I don't think you should go." Sasha said 

"Addiction runs in my family. I need to be watched over for a bit. I'll be back." You said as you stared at the floor. You couldn't believe you were on coke for three days when you only remembered one. You felt disgusted with yourself and physically sick. You looked back up at the three for a moment before you left to your room to pack a bit of clothes and made your way back out to the living room

"Is there any way I can take the exam I missed online?" You reluctantly asked your professor

"Yes" He responded as he offered his hand out to you to shake, you accepted and as he retracted his hand you felt that he slipped a small piece of paper in your hand which you quickly balled up your fist and placed into your pocket. You went and hugged Connie and Sasha who tried to convince you not to go but your mind was made up and you left the apartment.

JEANS POV

Jean decided to head back over to your apartment. He told you he would be there for you and he wanted to be close, he was worried for more reasons than one but you somehow managed to make the top of his list. He sat in your apartment parking lot, with his seat reclined as he attempted to sleep, rolled over on his side until he heard a door slam and saw you walking down the stairs and he sat up. 

Even from afar he noticed that you looked upset, then to his confusion, he noticed yall's professor descending the stairs after you. He fixed his eyes back on you as he watched you walk over to an unfamiliar truck and get into the passenger seat. Then his professor was headed directly towards his car, just about 5 feet away and he rolled his window down.

Ackerman approached and placed his big hands on Jean's door where his window previously sat and he leaned in.

"It's not my job to say, but I know you're her friend. y/n seems to be in trouble." He said with his grey eyes scanning Jean's intently and Jean clenched his jaw and digested professors words before he put his car into gear. Ackerman stood back upright and Jean pulled off after the truck.