"Summer's Awkwardness"

Amelia's POV
I woke up with the blanket tightly wrapped around me, last night it was storming like crazy. Aaron and I stayed awake until four in the morning, trying to get the receptionist to help us close the broken windows.

We made sure to leave a review while we were getting out of the hotel.

I know that I seem like a Karen however basically everything was broken.

The door, the windows..

But now I was sitting in the car with Aaron's head on my shoulder, finishing up my tenth sketch of the two days I've worked on.

I feel like they were one of the best things I've done until now, I couldn't wait to publish them to the fashion community of Los Angeles.

That's where my mother worked until she got sick, now she's in the hospital and rarely even reads magazines. Christ she rarely opens one.

So I'm doing an internship in my mother's honour. I send them my sketches and ideas, they cover my mothers medical bills.

We've got everything under control.

After a long two days of non-stop traffic and driving, we finally arrived at my aunt's beach house. It feels odd walking in here without her hugs, but since she felt bad we didn't have a place to stay she dropped off the keys a week ago.So we had to cancel the hotel in Florida and decided to sleep in a Bed & Breakfast near the freeway.

Not to mention the fact that I had to share a room with him.

But it was okay, it had two beds so..

This house was amazing, two story suburban, with a pool, backyard and having the beach be 2 minutes away.

Everyone had their own rooms there. I will sleep in Diana's, Ellie and Elliot in my aunt's and uncles.While Aaron will sleep in the guest bedroom.

Even though Aaron and Elliot have been best friends for twelve whole years, Aaron has never been here. He never had a reason to be. But now that there's an extra credit tournament against my boyfriend, he took the first chance, along with my brother.

I don't like the fact that Liam and Aaron will both be here because they are both outsiders here and well..Because Aaron has told me multiple times that he 'caught Liam cheating' but I know it's just some sick joke made to make me cry.

I hated that, the feeling of betrayal and unworthiness. I desperately wanted it to go away but it never really did.

Thankfully we had a week until everything was real, for now I will enjoy the beach.

But before that, we're going to party tonight.