"Summer's confused"

Aarons POV

My mom spent the whole afternoon, making dinner. 

She always wanted everything to be perfect when Amelia comes over. I mean, generally anyone from the Williams family. 

It was now seven in the evening, I just heard a car stopping in our driveway. 

They're here.

I didn't change for this matter, I stayed in my sweats, its just the Williams anyways.

My mom called me down, the door opened and a short, pregnant blonde lady greeted with my parents with the brightest smile I've ever seen, but behind her was the smile I actually wanted to see.

"Hello honey, you must be Aaron." says the lady, holding one hand out.

"You must be Stacy, hello." I say, shaking Stacie's hand before greeting Nathaniel.

"Wow Amelia, you're very tall. Almost as tall as me, huh?" I hear my dad say and immediately look over to him.

Its true, Amelia was about six foot tall and my dad wasn't much taller. We have no idea why I'm such a giant but I certainly know why Amelia is.

"Amelia." I say, as a sign of greeting.

"Aaron." She says, walking straight past me.

"Are Elliot and Jacob coming, Lia?" Luke says.

"Sure, they just stopped at a gas station." Amelia answers, picking Luke up.

Amelia was sitting on a chair in front of the counter. I leaned on the counter to get a better view of her.

I was obviously staring when Amelia called me out :"Why don't you take a photo?" 

She meant it as a joke but I still took a photo.

"I didn't mean actually, you jerk." She speaks as she grabs the phone from my hands.

Even though our hands touching lasted like two milliseconds I felt the cold feeling of her hands.

"Why are your hands always so cold, Jesus." I say, while grabbing a chip from the bowl in front of us.

She shrugs as she continues playing with Luke.

"Are you hungry?" I ask.

"Yes, I look forward to having dinner like we used to. You know, as friends.

Ouch.

She says and smirks while walking to the door, where Jacob and Elliot were already takin their shoes off.

"What's up, my man?" Elliot says as he dabs me up.

"What's up.." I mumble, following him upstairs, my eyes still on Amelia whispering something to Jacob while he gives me a dirty look.

I meant, like a dirty look.

Elliot and I decided to play some video games.

My bedroom window had a view of our backyard, where Nathan, his wife Stacy, Luke, Amelia and my parents were talking.

Where was Jacob?

"Shit." I thought to myself as I heard loud footsteps heading towards my room.

And my gut was right, Jacob came in and looked directly at me, before saying :" Yo, Aaron. Come help me with this, please." 

I get up, leaving Elliot alone in my room as Jacob pulls me into the bathroom.

"You with my sister now or what?" He says, like its nothing.

How does he know?

I mean, not that there's anything to know.

I stutter something but get cut off by his dark voice.

"No need to lie to me, I saw your story." He explains.

"We just kissed a couple times, but now, she doesn't want to move forward because of Elliot." I finally spit out, letting the horrible feeling in my stomach of secrets get out.

"Ay, I'm rooting for you. But I don't know, that Elliot shit, I think she's just scared." He tells me.

"Why would she be scared?" 

"I mean, wouldn't you be scared of stepping into a relationship after somebody just cheated on you? Think a little, huh." 

"Amelia knows I would never hurt her." I say, trying to act smart or something when we both know I was terrified.

"But do you know that?" Jacob says, making it his last words to me before he exits and goes downstairs.