"Summer's Cruel"

Amelia's POV

After Mrs. Matthews went to bed I stayed with Aaron in the living room, watching 2000s movies and just chatting.

"I still cant get over the fact you had a thing for Tom Kaulitz." Says Aaron, while laughing.

"I don't know, okay? There was something about his eyes." I answer, covering my cheeks with a blanket.

"What did you see in Liam though?" He asks.

I'm honestly over Liam, I didn't love him. It did hurt me, but not that much, I can talk about him and laugh about it now.

"I don't know, he was more of a distraction to get over you I guess." I say.

"Jesus, how long did you have a  crush on me?" He asks.

"Get over yourself.." I say. "two years." I mumble quietly and we burst out laughing.

Aaron gets up and goes to the kitchen as I continue watching the crappy movie he put on.

"Dude, what is this shit?" I say.

"A masterpiece." He says and winks at me.

"Its like Fifty Shades of Grey, disgusting." I say.

The thing is, I've never seen Fifty Shades of Grey, because I'm too scared to.

The sound of a notification on my phone frightens me,  but I unlock it and find a text from Jacob.

Jacob : Your secrets safe w me :) 

Me: What secret?

Jacob : U and Aaron kissed, couple of times.

Me : Don't you dare tell a living soul.

Jacob : As I said, your secrets safe with me.

Me : Thanks.

I turn my phone off and a sigh of relief leaves my mouth.

Jacob and I had a pretty weird relationship, his love language is keeping your secrets, but I appreciate a good bestie.

"Don't you think its pretty weird my mom came back today, like in the middle of summer?" Aaron asks, as he does the dishes.

I get up from the couch and lean myself on the counter, so I'm face to face with Aaron.

"What does your mom do anyways?" I ask.

Aaron never mentioned his parents profession, I knew they traveled a lot but except for that, nothing.

"They have houses all across Europe and South America, for example they went to Greece and managed to rent the house there. They usually stay three months at each place." He says, but that doesn't exactly answer my question.

"So they're basically self employed?" I ask. 

"Yeah, I guess." He answers, as he washes a plate and puts it in the cabin.

"Now that you're going to college though, maybe they'll stay here longer." I say, trying to lighten the mood up.

"They haven't been home more then two weeks since Natalie's death, its like they forgot they still have children." He says, looking at me as he's finished with the dishes.

"I'm really sorry, you have to be Luke's mom. I promise Ill help you out next year, yeah?" I say, touching his upper arm for comfort.

"You're not his mother, he needs his mother." Aaron says.

"I know, but that doesn't mean he wont need help. But we don't have to talk about it right now, okay?" I say.

"Thanks, Amie." He says, and I smile and he does too.

We both go back to the couch and continue watching movies and eating popcorn.

The next morning I woke up with some weight on my chest.

Aaron, you jerk.