"Summer's Truthful"

Amelia's POV

Aaron dropped me off at my place when I already had started to cry.

What I didn't know, is that I wasn't the one that had to tell my family about the horrifying news.

When I walked in, everyone was in the living room. Elliot was crying in Stacey's arms, Nathan was holding his head and my dad, well, he was nowhere to be found.

"Amelia.." Nathan said, looking at me with tears in his eyes.

"I know.." I said, walking up to him and giving him a hug.

Thirty minutes later everyone had calmed down and Stacy insisted to help me make dinner.

"So, have you been dating anyone?" Stacy says, looking at me with little devils in her eyes.

"Yes." I say, not hesitating to tell her anything.

As ironic as it sounds, I loved Stacy. She was one of my best friends.

"Oh." She says, unexpected to my answer.

"Aaron, right?" Now I was shocked, how?

"H-how..?" I couldnt even finish what I wanted to say.

"Lia, I'm almost thirty, I think I can see when love is in the air." She says, and the word "love" made me shiver.

I'm an extremely big commitment freak, not the type that doesn't want to get into relationships, having a boyfriend is okay, but bringing love into the field seems scary for me.

"That's really nice, Stass, that you're insightful." I say, smiling at my platonic soulmate.

"You do love him, don't you?" She asks me, and I feel myself turn pale.

"I do, but I'm afraid of it." I admit.

"Why?" Stacy says, with pity in her eyes.

"Because, the more people you let into your life, the more can just walk right out of it. And that usually hurts." I say, quoting my mom, even though I was talking about her.

Stacy hugs me and says :"There is nothing more scary, fearful, fragile. Beautiful, warm-hearted then love. If its treated right, it can become infinite." 

I tear up, because what she said is one of the most gorgeous things I've ever heard anyone say.

Stacy and I made ramen for lunch, it was easy and only took fifteen minutes to make.

Everyone was at the table, eating in awkward silence.

Elliot suddenly asks :"Do you think she's coming home for her last month?"

"No, she says it would be more painful like that." I say, without a feeling.

When you cry a lot, there is a time when you become numb and your eyes are dry.

"That is true." Nathaniel jumps in.

"Wait, Stacy, when are you due?" I ask, randomly.

"They said 30th October." She says, with a smile.

"Awh, that's the day after Aarons birthday." I say, loudly, but also to myself.

"How long have you been dating?" Asks Stacy, making Nathan cough.

He chuckles to himself and looks up, to see everyone dead serious, and his sick smile drops.

"You're dating? When were you going to tell me, your wedding?" Nate raises his voice.

"At least by the rehearsal dinner." Elliot jokes, but in the wrong time.

Nate laughs, to my surprise.

"Y-you're not mad?" I ask, in shock.

"No, not really. Aarons a good guy, I trust him." Said Nate.

Wow, I actually thought he was going to cause a drama.

God it feels good to have no secrets.