"Summer's Hangover"

Aaron's POV

I was watching Amelia dance Macarena, and that's the last thing I remember.

The cold breeze has awoken me at a time I hoped I would be sleeping. It was five in the morning.

Shortly after I got up, I caught Amelia's boyfriend, Liam. Sneaking out of Leah's bedroom.

I've tried to tell Amelia multiple times that he was just using her and doesn't actually mean a word he says, but she never listens to me. So I stopped telling her.

"What are you looking at?" Liam asked.

"I'm looking at the trash can who's ass I'll kick in the basketball game, oh that's the day after tomorrow by the way. Also you've got something on your neck, asshole." I responded. Thank fucking god Leah left him a hickey, maybe Amelia will listen to me for once now that I've got proof.

He just scoffed at my answer and went downstairs. While I just went my way to the bathroom.

I was just in a towel when I left the bathroom to go to my room, when Amelia caught me walking outside.

"Your boyfriend's here by the way." I said, teasing her.

"Wait, what? Really?!" She squealed.

What a clueless little girl.

She ran downstairs and I assume greeted her soon to be ex-boyfriend.

Never in my life have I been the type to forget something the morning after he drank, or was I in any way hungover.
On the other hand Amelia? She was a pain when she was hungover. And it was really bad when she is.

I went downstairs and Leah was walking behind me, I made my way and sat across the jerk.

Leah is Zoe's friend, and Zoe is Amelia's friend. So they don't know each other and I assume she has no idea the jerk is actually taken. Poor soul.

While Leah was walking to the free seat next to Liam she gave him a quite disgusting kiss on the lips, which by the way no one except for me noticed. But I had enough of the whole cheating on my girlfriend thing. I just got out of control, so when everyone took a seat at the table and drank their coffee, I loudly announced.

"Oh hey Liam, what's that on your neck?"

His eyes widened.

"Did you and Amelia have a lot of fun last night?"

He was turning red and Amelia was pale.

"Oh, didn't you arrive before Amelia even woke up?"

His jaw clenched.

"You and Leah seem to be getting close."

Amelia looked at me with tears in her eyes.

"Is that a.. hickey?"

Amelia turned to Liam and tears rolled down her cheeks.

"Liam, take your shit and get the fuck out of my house!"
Amelia finally burst, and I was proud.

"Babe please don't do this, I'm sure we can work it out." He touched her, no grabbed her arm. Tightly.
I stood between them and let Amelia go away, before looking into his eyes and saying.

"I'm not sure the doctor will be able to work your face out when I smash it against that wall over there, it's red anyways. It won't leave a stain."

The idiot backed away, Leah was already on the floor, begging for Zoe's forgiveness and if she could stay another night.

"Zoe, please drive your friend to the hotel." Elliot said.

Elliot was so quiet the entire time, I was expecting him to jump over the table and literally suffocate Liam until he dropped dead, but it seemed more like I was the protective one.

He was looking at me. With fire in his eyes.

What the hell did I do?