Chapter 1

ATTENTION

This is not a standalone story. Be sure to check out the first book of the series - Perfect Marriage, before starting this book.

This is the cheesier installment of the book series - Perfect Marriage.

If you are looking for something closer to reality, check my other book - When I Met You.

The story so far-

Arnav and Khushi met first at the movies where Khushi mistook Arnav to be a creep, only to find that Arnav was one of the possible suitors and would one day be her fiancee. And bipidi bopodi boo, they are married with the blessing of their parents. An arranged marriage for crying out loud, yet to find their feet on the ground.

Characters in the story-

· Scooby - Arnav & Khushi's pet dog

· Akash & Payal - Arnav's younger brother and his wife

· Nk & Lavanya - Khushi's best friend and his office crush

· Shyam & Anjali - Arnav's best friend and his wife

Khushi's POV
I texted Arnav that I'll be home a little late and if he could take Scooby out for a walk. To be honest, I'm a little scared and nervous to ask him since Scooby is technically my dog and by marriage, his. Ever since marriage, he didn't seem to care much about it and it was me taking him out for walks and playtime. I guess Scooby's only my responsibility then. My scooter, on the way back home, stopped working. Battery issue, I guess. And I literally had to walk a good kilometer, dragging my two-wheeler along with me and it was drizzling. Great, just great - I thought. I thought I will call Arnav and ask for help but my phone was out of battery. Today is just not my day. I didn't even have an umbrella with me so I foolishly ran home through the rain since I wanted to get home early and sleep.

I just got home from work and my period is not as bad as yesterday. But, still, that bloody mess is there and I'm hating it. All I wanted to do is flop on the sofa and snore away.

Walking inside the house, I took off that pain-in-the-ass flats, that were now covered in mud. Great, I have to wash this also now. Letting out a small sigh, I looked around our clean home. Scooby came running to my side with his feet covered in mud. Dear God, why ??

The scene when I got home was not what I hoped. Not what anyone had hoped for. There were muddy dog footprints all over the house. Before I could even make it to the hallway, I could smell something burning. It was coming from the kitchen.

In instinct panic mode, I sprinted to the kitchen just to Arnav trying to cook dinner but to my notice, it was already burnt. I guess Scooby must have thought that it was playtime and must have distracted Arnav while cooking, which might have led him to burn dinner.

"Arnav?" - I call him since he didn't notice my presence. Upon seeing me, he looked kinda mad and angry.

Oh Scooby, what did you do now?

"Hi" - he replied. I could sense that he was trying to control his anger since he was clenching his jaws and he looked fierce.

I knew I had to take control and save whatever is left of the night. I mentally made a to-do list in my mind.
My priorities right now are dinner and cleaning the messy house.

"Can you please order in?" - I suggested, silently hoping that I didn't piss him off with the suggestion since he tried to cook dinner and Scooby messed it up.

Sighing deeply, he looked at me rather tired and asked - "Any preference?"

"I'm okay with anything." - I replied