Chapter 4

(Few days later)

Arnav's POV

Coming back home from long day at the hospital, my mobile, which was on vibrate mode all this well, showed one missed call and a couple of messages from NK.

NK

8:26 pm

Hey bro, I am out of Bangalore for work. Can you please take care of Khushi tomorrow? It's her grandfather's death anniversary and they were really close. She tends to get very sensitive around the day. Please.

NK

8:28 pm

Also, now that you have become her family, you will now be privileged to experience the full-on volcano mode of Miss. Khushi Gupta

NK

8:29 pm

Oops.. Mrs. Khushi Arnav. Feels weird typing it out. Tbh honest.

NK

8:30 pm

Bro, let me know if anything. I worry about her.

Arnav

11:30 pm

Thanks for the heads up. I will take care of her.

Arnav's POV

Yesterday's shift was so draining that the first thing I did when I woke up, was make myself a cup of coffee. I really need caffeine in me, if I need to exist today.

I watched Khushi, who was dressed in a bright red kurti and black leggings, dump a butt load of sugar into her tea. I watched her take the first sip of tea and then, look at me. Plainly. Did I burn her tea again? I was careful not to do so today, like every other day.

I took a huge of my coffee and ended up spitting it out. Dear lord, I have added salt to my coffee and to her tea as well. We would definitely label the containers going forward.

I couldn't help but fight back laughter and tears at my stupidity, but wait, why isn't she laughing at me? She just took one good look at me and then gulp down her whole cup of salty tea without skipping a beat. Because she's the alpha and what is weakness.

I gaped at her in shock and watched her shut the door after her, informing me that she will be going to her parent's home for pooja. And then my slow brain reminded me, today's her grandfather's death day. And she clearly is in no mood for jokes.

Khushi POV

Taking a sip of that salty tea reminded me of my grandpa. As I adjusted the car seat and mirror, I watched Arnav rushing out of our house and sigh upon seeing me in the car. He slowly walked up to the car and made himself comfortable on the passenger seat. I didn't invite him but okayy.

~~~~Flashback ~~~~~~

One day, I decided to prank my grandpa by adding salt to his tea. If you are wondering where my love for tea came from, when my parents are both coffee addicts, yes you are right. It came from him. He loves his tea and slowly but surely, I have grown to appreciate and love it.

Upon taking a sip of the salty tea, he spit out and told me to cut it out. When I showed him my tongue, he smirked that if I continue my pranks, one day my own husband will serve me with salty tea.

Guess Karma is a bitch.

~~~~~End of Flashback~~~~~

Arnav's POV

I watched her hum her favorite songs as we made multiple stops to buy things. Well, she was driving anyways.

Some flowers garlands