CHAPTER 27

A/N

Please note that the pictures used in these chapters are not mine. I found them on Pinterest. Full credits to the respective photo owners.

Date published - 16 October 2023

Also, not my best chapter and epilogue. I am trying to get better. I really am.

EDIT: Last night, there was a glitch on Wattpad and some of you weren't able to check this chapter. Hence, republishing.

(BACK TO THE STORY)

Khushi's POV

The next few weeks saw us splitting our time between the hospital and home. My dad has been recovering quite well.

(Next day)

I walked into our house, threw my bag on the chair, and laid down on the carpet with an air of defeat. Arnav walked in an hour later, saw me on the ground and set to work. He walked up to the bedroom and picked up a few blankets and a couple of pillows. Then Arnav walked up to me, laid everything out, then proceeded to lay down next to me. I slowly curled upto him and fell into a restful sleep.

The past month or two was so tiring for both mind and body. It finally feels good to come home and relax. And it was very much needed.

Arnav's POV

Two hours later, we were still lying there. Just soaking in each other's presence. I stretched out to grab my mobile from the table and ordered in some food.

(A week later)

Arnav's POV

Last night, we finally got home. From tomorrow onwards, Khushi will be staying with her parents for the next few weeks.

(Next day morning)

Those barely-awake kisses landed up on my jaws or cheeks because I was too tired to land them properly. Khushi made some sleepy gibberish sound and rolls into him, nuzzling her face into my neck, ankles hooking together while I draped my arms around me and we fell back asleep for a while.

Khushi's POV
We were walking together with Scooby and I stopped midway to pluck out a flower for him.
Arnav "What's the reason?"
Khushi - "I don't need a reason to bring you flowers, I just wanted to."

(That afternoon)
Although Nk told me that he and Lavanya had got back together, I had see it to believe it and so I had invited them home for lunch.
Seeing them walk into the room holding hands, I felt like a proud mother hen and asked
"So, who finally confessed?"
Nk, with a proud smile, replied - "it was me. I made sure it was short and sweet."
Lavanya - "You yelled listen hear you little shit - I have feelings for you and it's about time you acknowledged them... drunk... in front of my door"
Nk - "It worked though."
Arnav leaned in towards me and whispered - "Still better than your drunk babble." 
I told him off - "Atleast I had the guts to confess, unlike you coward.."

Arnav felt slightly embrassed and snickered- "Aplogizes, your majesty"

(Later that night)
Arnav gave me his research paper to proofread. It was crazy going from methodology to results and discussion and that too all related to medicine. And the fact that I hate studying biology in school is winning me no brownie points and I had to literally ask Arnav to explain every single line.

As things got interesting on paper, I sort of zoned out and started to silently read the paper looking down and that was when I felt someone brush a strand of hair off my hair. No surprise, it was Arnav holding a cup of tea.

And we spent the night editing the paper together.