Chapter 5

Khushi's POV

Today calls for celebration. That bloody 7 day hell is finally over. Turning on some peppy music on my phone, I put on some turmeric paste on face and I danced solo across the house and Scooby too sensing my mood, stood on his paws, which made me lift him into my arms. And we waltzed together while my mind mentally planned out things I need to do.

Shave & wax

Head bath

And lot of errands to run.

And food to gobble..

Why can't periods just be a one-day event? Hey, you are not pregnant and go away the next day. Why does it have to 5-day hell hole? And why should women have to get them? Why can't men suffer through this nonsense? Dad told me that men can't handle this pain on a monthly basis. Pretty sure he said that to console me when he caught me whining about it.

I need some vanilla milkshake and some hot crispy fries. Yes, that's what I need. Urgh, I have to either go and make it or go out and buy it. With all the technological advancements that have been going on in the world, why hasn't anyone found a way to create food at merely a thought of it? The world of science still needs to advance, damn it!!

Akash's POV

Payal gets these really bad migraines when it's "that time of the month", and always just wants to stay in bed all day, and doesn't really like people taking care of them. Trust me, I know. I learned it the hard way. But I hate seeing her in so much pain and this time, I insisted on being her nurse until she's all better. Of course, Payal bickered at first but eventually gave up and let me take care of her.

Some days, you choose the battles. But, at the end of the day, it's the war that matters. And I intend to go to war for her.

"So.. what's our plan for tonight?" - I asked her while folding away our laundry.

"We do not have a plan-" She started

"Well, let's make one." - I interpreted.

"- I have my own plans that don't include you." - She continued

"I thought we were a team!" - I told her, reminding her of her promise before our wedding.

"We are. Which is why I need a break." - And I blame her period mood swings for that.

"You need a break from me ?" - I pouted, hoping to sway her mind.

"Yes, but I will still like you in the morning," and closed the bathroom door on me.

Wow, such wow!

(The same morning)

Arnav's POV

All I wanted was to crash on my bed and catch on some much-needed sleep since the night shift has been killing me. However, all my tiredness went away upon seeing the scene when I got home.

Scooby and Khushi were dancing, like no care in the world. More like waltzing. It was such a fun and heartwarming scene to witness. They danced like no one was watching.

In fact, they didn't even notice me standing near the door, sort of awestruck at their performance. Scooby's ears did peak up when I opened the door and he look one-second look at me and then chose to ignore me, like the rascal he is. My beautiful wife is yet to note my presence. Wait, what's that black mask on her face? She looks like an alien. I took a photograph of the scene unfolding in front of me and my bad, I forgot to turn off the flash and it had alerted Khushi of my presence. Oh, don't stop your dancing, please.

Khushi, gently placing Scooby on the floor - "Hi"

"Hey yourself."

Khushi, removing that alien mask off her face - "When did you come?" and she untied her hair from that messy bun without any warning. And I had no choice but to fall for her. even more.