CHAPTER 21

2 of the 5 chapters published today

Date published - 2 Oct 2023

1756 words

(BACK TO THE STORY)

Arnav's POV

With the advent of monsoon, the hospital is having so many cases of flu and cold. And the days are getting longer and I have not been home for past 3 days, crashing for night at the hospital itself.

While returning home for the first time in 3 days, I spotted Khushi, getting back from her walk with Scooby - "Fancy seeing you here." She mocked.

"I live here."

"Ah, welcome your royal Highness to our humble home!!" - She teased while Scooby circled around my feet.

Akash's POV

At Arnav's house, Arnav was telling me about his case that he was handling today with a child and how he was such a pain in the ass fuzzing around things.

Akash -"Crybabies are so annoying."

Payal starts crying, coming out of the kitchen with Khushi following her holding a spatula. No doubt making dinner.

"Are..are these good tears? or bad tears?" - I asked, since at this point, I couldn't even tell the difference.

"Baddd!!" - She blew her nose into the tissue that Khushi has passed her.

Akash -"Okay, whose the ass I need to beat the shit out of?"

She pointed at Khushi

Akash -"Anni?"

A/N: Anni - sister in law

Payal, still sobbing - "I am not invited to the girl's trip."

Oh yes, Khushi, Anjali and Lavanya along with their girlfriends, were planning a trip to Jaipur. A three-day trip weekend. Initially, Khushi had asked me on whether Payal would join them, a little skeptical worried about her health and so we agreed not to tell until the last minute and that brings us to right now.

Anni (Khushi) tried to reason with the whiling Payal that it was all for her own good and that Jaipur would be too hot this time of year and looked at Arnav for help. My brother gave one of his typical 'Leave me out of this nonsense' look.

Payal cried-"I'm pregnant, not incapable."

And somehow, we, mainly Anni and I convinced her that the trip was pointless and that she would not be missing out on any fun. We managed to have a quiet dinner with Anni's delicious food. I kept telling her that she should quit her IT job and start a restaurant, which she always laughed off.