CHAPTER 26

A/N: I am writing this chapter on 12/10. I'm not sure as to when this will be completed & published, but here we go..!!

(14/10) Guess this draft took two days, which is the fastest at least in my standards. This chapter could have gone two ways. I chose to keep it slightly realistic and grounded. Hope you all enjoy it.

As always, I'm not someone with medical background and so all medical related scenes are written with a hell lot of creative liberty.

And none of the pictures used in this chapter are mine. I found them on Pinterest.

Date published- 14 Oct

+3.4K words!

(NOW BACK TO THE STORY!!)

(That night)

Arnav's POV

The nurse checked Khushi's dad's vitals and it was all under control.

I made Aman to look after Khushi's dad so that Khushi and I would have some dinner at the hospital canteen.

The hospital food is not the best but it's ideal and we were pressed for time.

Khushi was literally gobbling her up since she had not seen food in 10 days, while the entire hospital was judging me. I swear to God. I'm not staving my wife.

She's just in a hurry to finish off her dinner and get back to her dad and relieve Aman from his dad-sitting duty.

Arnav   - "Can you please eat slowly? People are judging and thinking that I am starving you and you look like you haven't eaten any grain for the past 50 years."

Khushi - "I just want to get back to my dad. Poor Aman is looking after Dad, especially since it's way past his work hours and he must be rest."

Arnav -"He didn't mind honestly. Chew your food."

However, Khushi chose to ignore my advice, because why would she?

She however caught me looking at her and said -"Can you please stop staring at me, dude? It's creepy!"

Excuse me! Ex-fucking-cuse me! I have all the rights to stare at her. Who else is allowed to stare at her... except me?

Arnav - "I have been told that my eyes are 'the most mesmerizing, beautiful eyes' ever. EVER." stressing on the word EVER.

I continued as I watched Khushi finally begin to chew her food instead of gobbling her food like a monster - "They are 'like the ocean'. Someone even wanted to swim in it."