Chapter 8

Khushi's POV

The day before my flight to London, that night, I didn't want to sleep in and waste my time with Arnav. God, I won't be seeing him for another six months and it's already killing me. I am going to miss him terribly, especially the part where he does my dishes.

Wait a minute, his dishes washing dare would be over by the time I return. Now, that's not fair.

Coming back to him, I am going to miss his cute little smile and his face. The way his face grunts when Scooby licks him. Dear God, I am going to miss him so so much.

As much as I like my husband and I do, just that I don't have the guts to tell this to him, he's not very helpful with packing, especially we both have different definitions of packing. His idea of packing is throwing everything in the trolley and calling it a day, while mine is worlds apart. And so, I had no choice but to kick him out so that he would let me pack in peace.

We had gone to Arnav's parent's house for lunch. As his mom and I were talking about London where she had gone for the tour, I will be away from this wonderful family for the next six months. While that thought sucks, I really look forward to me being single for six months.

His mom got me a cute little gold pendant with a diamond embedded in the center. It's very pretty and definitely my style. Simple yet understated.

(After lunch)

As Arnav drove us back, I watched Arnav's smile fade away with time and he was almost frowning and looked slightly pissed. I didn't even tease him much today. Correction, I didn't tease him at all today. Then, why is he angry with me?

Maybe it's teased about work. I let him stew whilst I checked up on the last-minute packing.

When I got back from my bedroom after checking up on my items of luggage, I found Arnav sleeping on the sofa. He looks definitely tired from work. God, I am going to miss this face. Can we survive this marriage, after being six months apart?

The truth is although it's just six months apart and Arnav didn't say anything, I did have second thoughts about going to London. The cute face sleeping on the sofa, was making me reconsider my decision even more. And that this cute face was my own husband, was not helping me with the decision one bit.

I placed my gift on the coffee table and just when I was about to leave since I didn't want to disturb his sleep, I immediately looked away when Arnav showed signs of waking up since I was super embarrassed of gawking at my husband. But he has other ideas and he pulled me into his lap.

"Will you miss me?" - He asked me, tugging that strand of hair behind my ear.

Does he not know my answer? Obviously, I will miss him. That's without a doubt. I will miss his cute face and stupid brain.

"What? I missed that." - He pulled me closer and I was literally breathing against his neck.

Please don't make it harder that it already is.

"Obviously" - I replied.

Please don't make this harder than it already is.

Just then, Scooby sat next to my feet and he climbed into my lap. I am definitely going to miss this boy the most, out of all my boys. Sorry, Arnav.

I couldn't help but kiss my fluffy boy and rub his belly. I am going to miss him a lot. He better not grow up while I am away. He grew too quick in my eyes. I got him when he was so tiny and now, he can literally take me down. Where did the time go?

Arnav interpreted my train of thought as he touched my feet. My body gets cold very easily and today was no exception. My senses were heightened as he kept rubbing my feet trying to warm me up. Goosebumps everywhere.

I followed Arnav's trail of sight as his eyes spied on my gift, which was wrapped in purple shiny paper since purple was his favorite color.

"That's for you." - I told him.

I watched as Arnav tore my delicate gift wrapped like a kid on Christmas morning. I guess the curiosity got the better of him.

He smirked as he read my note - "Try to not miss me."

(To be continued)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------