Chapter 15

(That afternoon)

Khushi's POV

I woke up around 1 pm.

I hid under the covers because my head was hurting so bad and even the light was bothering me.

I sat on the edge of the bed willing myself the strength to stand and go to the bathroom. I tried twice to try and sit up, but failed needing to sit back down. On my third attempt, I was successfully and quietly went to the washroom.

I felt so shitty. So bone tired. Even after gulping a bottle of water, my throat still felt dry.

I tried to take my own temperature with the back of my hand, but I guess my hands are also too warm so I am guessing that it's nothing serious. I'm fine. I need to sleep.

I woke up to the movement of Arnav tracing my lips. I felt my heavy eyes flutter catching his gaze.

"You look like shit." - he commented.

Thanks, I needed that today.

Arnav's POV

I couldn't resist any longer, leaned in, and tilted my chin towards her for a kiss.

Khushi turned away, "Don't, I am sick."

Kissing her anyway, I replied - "I can handle a few germs."

A flush crept across her cheeks.

She muttered - "Stay away,  You are one big germ!" It was more to herself, but I caught the words.

Lying in bed, foreheads pressed together, just gazing into each other's eye and taking it all in. Everything was quiet. And then Khushi suddenly sneezed and sort of scared me.

I inadvertently touched her and ended up exclaiming in shock - "You're burning up!"