CHAPTER 18

A/N
Hi everyone, thanks for reading another chapter of this story. I hope everyone is doing alright.

This chapter didn't turn out to be what I envsioned. I could rewrite it again but I am letting this one stew for a bit longer. Maybe I will like it. Maybe not.

Please drop your thought as comments.
Looking forward to seeing you all for another chapter.

Take care, lovelies.

Don't forgot to vote and comment.
Love you all...

(Back to the story)

(A few days later)

Arnav's POV

Unfortunately, Khushi's colleague was back from his emergency leave which meant that I won't be working alongside Khushi. A large part of me was disappointed at this loss. On the plus side, no one else is going to flirt with her.

(That same day)

Khushi's POV

I got back home from work that day, bone tired. The only thing that was running on my mind was sleep. So, once I got home, I quickly took Scooby out of a walk and then crashed on bed, skipping my dinner.  My eyes were literally dropping on our walk.

I woke up to the faint noise of a keyboard clunking, slightly waking me up from sleep. The clock on the night stand read 10pm.

I rolled over and found Arnav sitting next to me, working on his laptop.

He noticed me awake -"Sorry, did I wake up?"

"No, it's fine." - I lied since I didn't want him to feel bad. I have a bad feeling that I am going to get a headache since I won't be able to fall asleep again that night. And so, I slumped against the bedframe and turned on my lamp for reading, and grabbed a book from my nightstand.

Arnav, with his eyes still focused on the screen - "You might as well call me that lamp.."

Huh? Is he drunk? Or am I sleep-deprived to comprehend?

"Why.." - I asked him, out of curiosity.

"Because you turn me on." - He deadpanned at me, making every hair on my neck to stand up.

I didn't know how to react to his words. All I managed to do was slam the book shut and pretend to fall asleep, pulling the blanket over my head, and hiding myself from him.

(That same day)

Akash's POV

Payal and I have been having fights more frequently ever since she's gotten pregnant. Why doesn't she know understand that all I want to do is wrap her up in bubble and lock her away in castle? It's all for her safety and health and she calls me overbearing.

I don't know how we had gotten to this point but Payal and I were arguing

Payal - "You know what? Fuck you!"

"I already did!"

Payal looked at me, a little shocked and more pissed even.

"-and I did it real good," I added

There was a tiny smile at the corner of her lips

"You did." - she replied, rubbing her pregnant belly