Chapter 3

DATE PUBLISHED - 8 SEPT

Arnav's POV

Today's valentine day. Well, my first valentine's day after marriage. And my wife hasn't wished me. Well, I can't blame her too since I myself didn't wish or gift her for the occasion. I watched my interns planning their dates as they were working their shifts off so that they could leave early. Ofcourse, I gave them permission since I didn't want to ruin their love life. However, where's my love? Maybe she doesn't care about this day. Or maybe her boyfriend dumped on this day and every year is just a freaking reminder, just like how my ex dumped me.

Akash's POV

Payal and I took our day off. Well, anyways students are going to be scare in the classroom so we decided to take the day off together and spend our Valentine's day together. Our first Valentine's day as a married couple.

Meanwhile Khushi's POV

I watched the crazy shy duo of NK and Lavanya be on a valentine's day at our house. It was so awkhard and cute to watch as these two idiots fumbling for a proper conversation. Such adorable dorks. Had Nk just asked Lavanya out, we wouldn't have been in this mess. I feel like a third wheel in their relationship, almost their child even. I love being a third wheel. It's so fun. This isn't sarcasm. No, definitely not.

He's lucky though that I agreed to this double date. Hell, I am saving him some money. Does he not know how expensive everything is on Valentine's Day? Even some stupid restaurant only have limited items on the menu and they are fucking expensive.

The whole day has been commercialized. From targeted advertisements and the whole deal of having a valentine on Valentine's day, the whole thing is so stupid. Every year on Valentine's day, I felt so alone and lonely, mainly because of all those annoying ads and just the peer pressure to have a date on Valentine's day. Why can't a woman just enjoy her company? Although I have got to admit I do like Valentine's day, mainly because of the offers that in place that weekend. Especially the chocolates that are often on discount at the half price.

I thought this year would be different since I am married. I finally have a Valentines after 25 years of having none. Only he's at the hospital saving lives. I couldn't help but feel slightly proud of my man.

Arnav's POV

I came home early next morning and found a couple of empty beers bottles in living room. Guess the trio got drunk last night on the occasion of Valentine's Day. Why the living room smell of fried chicken and cupcakes, though?

Today's the weekend where we are supposed to leave for a family trip.

Walking to my bedroom, I found Khushi bundled up in her blanket, snoring slightly. I quietly pulled up the curtains letting in some sunlight into this rather dark room.

"close the curtains! my eyes are burning!" - My drunk princess yelled at me, almost throwing a pillow at me, which I luckily dodged. Murder! My wife is trying to murder me. With a pillow.

"don't you think you've slept in long enough, you little vampire?" - I leaned in, almost kissing her ears and almost getting my eyes punched by her elbow in process. Lucky escape though.

"It's my 'work from home' day. Now, get out and close the curtains. Please!" - She whined. It's so cute that she thinks that today's a work day and she needs to go to office. While in reality, we are supposed to leave for a family trip in the next hour and I know that Khushi hates being hate.

"I am getting old, can't hear you. " - I sang, as I made my way to the bathroom for a quick shower.

"Ass." - she whispered in an usual sarcastic tone.