5 (part 1)

Liliana's P.O.V:

When our food arrived, I was already on my third cup of coffee. Milena only scolded me once for downing this coffee like water, but I didn't want to go to sleep as soon as I got home. I wanted to try to avoid another nightmare. Last night's dream was a welcomed break, but I couldn't take any chances.

"Liliana, drink some water," Milena hissed as I took a big swig of coffee.

I only glared at her when I set the mug down, then the head bouncer said to me, "How's your arm? I'm sorry I wasn't there in time."

"I'm fine." I lifted the mug up and took one more sip.

He looked at me with so much concern as he said, "Can you not drink so much coffee? Your heart is going to burst out of your chest."

"My heart isn't a chest burster," I grumbled.

The head bouncer leaned on the table as he said to me, "Lily, please try and drink some water after this cup."

"No," I finished the cup by chugging it, and set it down.

Right on cue, the waitress came and eyed me up and down as she said in a snarky tone to the rest of the table, "Is everything okay here?"

"Yes," the bouncer that Aimee was currently latched too said. He was a bit snippier with the waitress as he went on asking, "How long before our food gets here?"

The waitress was flirty with him as she cooed at him, "Any minute now. Let me know if you or your friends need anything at all."

"For you to stop eye fucking them," I muttered under my breath, and heard the head bouncer and the other one giggling.

The waitress smiled as she tried to make her tits more noticeable and asked, "What's so funny boys?"

"Nothin'," the other bouncer's accent kicked in, and it made Milena smirk softly.

"Are you done eye fucking my man and his brothers," Aimee finally caught, did she?

I glanced up to see the waitress was nearly drooling the sight of Aimee's boyfriend—yes, he was her boyfriend in my eyes until she told me otherwise—and the head bouncer. The other bouncer was just an added bonus in the waitress's eyes from what I could tell. The waitress only glared, then watched me looking through my texts on my phone as I was starting to get bored.

She said to me, "You don't mind me staring at your boyfriend, do you? I'm not going to do anything."

I looked up from my phone, to see her pointing at the head bouncer, then looked at her as I stated, "He's not my boyfriend."

Her eyes lit up, and she flung herself to him as she said, "In that case, can I ask for your number, sexy? I promise I'll be better to look at than the coffee-addict."

Why did I feel a small twinge of jealousy? No, I wasn't jealous. He wasn't my anything, so why should I be responsible for him? This was irritating. Why am I getting jealous of a damned waitress trying to get laid with two out of the three guys here? Fuck me, what was going on?! I got up from the table as the head bouncer tried to decline her down politely, then pulled some cash out of my small wallet. I tossed it down on the table before walking out with Milena calling me to stay there with them.

What the hell was wrong with me?! It didn't bother me to see people hitting on someone or getting hit on themselves. So why was it bothering me now?! I thought the head bouncer was hot, but I knew it didn't give me a right to be possessive of him. He was just a hot guy that I worked with. I knew he was single from the numerous amount of times that Aimee was trying to get me to go on a double date with him and her boyfriend. Why was I bothered at the idea of him giving that waitress his number.

I found myself at my car, unlocking the front door, when I heard my name being called. I looked up, seeing the head bouncer, and he took a few moments to jog to me. He looked at me as if I offended him when he got to the hood of my car.

"Why are you leaving?" He demanded.

I sighed, "Because I'm tired."

"I just saw you down three cups of coffee, Lily. You cannot be tired unless caffeine makes you sleepy," he scoffed, taking a step closer to me.

I ran a hand through my hair as I tried to come up with a lie. Wait! Was I coming up with a lie on the spot? I didn't have to lie to him. He wasn't my boyfriend, just a coworker. I only opened my car door, using it as a shield between us as I emptied out my pockets onto the front passenger seat.

"Lily why are you leaving," he asked again, and I looked at him.

I said with the dullest voice I could make, "I'm leaving to go home like I wanted to originally. Milena's dumbass dragged me here."

"You're lying," he narrowed his eyes at me, and I rolled mine. He was leaning against my car as he went on, "You don't have to lie to me. Tell me why you're leaving."

Because I was jealous.

"I want to go home," I got in my driver seat, and slammed the car door.

I rolled down the window as he moved to lean down, and heard him say as I started the engine, "You don't have to leave so soon. The food got to the table."

"And if you noticed, I didn't order anything to eat. Tell Milena to never drag me out again," I scoffed, putting my car into reverse.

He only backed away,letting me pull out, and I slammed my foot on the gas to pull out of theparking lot. I put my car in drive after getting onto the street, then sped offas I rolled up my window. Did I want to go home? No. I sped down the road,getting into the lane to my middle brother's house, and hoped that I wasn'tgoing to wake him up by appearing at his front doorstep.