47 (part 2)

(there will be a trigger warning in this part! be ready!)

Liliana's P.O.V:

I found the building after what felt like hours, pulling up to the front of the building. I parked the car, turning it off, and climbed out the SUV. I held onto the left side of the jacket as I used my ass to close the car door. Walking around the car, I gripped onto the jacket tighter to try to cover my exposed skin. I walked into the building, seeing Gia talking to someone, then she noticed me.

"Lily? What are you doing here? Excuse me." Gia said to the woman in a pencil skirt with a white blazer on. She jogged to me, looking at me once she stopped to catch her breath, and asked, "Where's Kaiden? Does he know you're here?"

"Gia, I need your help. Can you take me to the elevator? Now?" I asked, and she nodded. I hoped her goodwill stayed the same after I gave her a clue on what I was doing.

Gia helped me to and into the elevator, making sure the door closed as I felt a wave of coolness hit my body. She hit the floor for the offices that I assumed were the brothers' offices. I lunged forward, stopping the elevator as she demanded to know if I was okay since my left shoulder slammed into the steel of the elevator. I felt another wave of coolness as the Earth slowly started to spin.

"Lily, what's going on? You don't hit the emergency stop button on an elevator for nothing." Gia hissed, looking at me.

I looked at her and said, "Take me to where Liam and Mel are being held. I have to talk to them."

"Lily—" she started but I cut her off.

I cut her off by reassuring her, "I'm not going to do anything stupid, but I have to see them. I have a theory, but you're just gonna have to trust me on this. Please."

Gia was contemplating it; I could tell by the look of her face. She finally nodded after a few minutes of silence, probably thinking everything over, and warned me, "If you get us both killed, I'm going to kick your ass back to California and back."

I only smirked, moving out of the way, and she hit the buttons to get the elevator going again. Her phone started to ring as the elevator was descending. She showed me the caller ID and waited for me to say something. It was Nathan calling her, and I knew he probably found Kaiden where I left him.

She merely turned her phone off, and gave me a straightforward look, "I've never ignored Nate's calls the whole three years we've been together so before we leave this elevator, you have to play it razor, and I mean razor, straight with me. I will help you because I actually do believe you have good intentions, but you have to give me somethin' to work with here."

"Mel and Liam are under control by the vampire twins that want me dead, right?" I waited for her nod, and she gave me a single nod. I continued, "What if there's a way to talk directly to the vampire through whoever they've mind-controlled? It has to work like in the movies somehow. I can't just lay in a hospital bed and dream of the big bad vampire coming to get me when I know he's coming."

"What you're saying is possible, but I can't do that kind of magic. I just practice potion magic." She looked at me, almost excited at my theory.

I shook my head, "We both know I'm descended from a goddess, sort of. Do witches...channel each other?"

"You want me to channel you to talk to an old as dirt vampire?" She was confused.

I shook my head again, whipping my forehead sweat away, "No, I just need to have you teach me how to channel a witch."

"That's kinda hard, Lily. I don't even know fully what the extent of who you're descended from. Who is calling me now? Hello?" She answered her phone after giving me her response and put it on speaker.