29

(thank you all for the reads! i hope y'all like this new part and yes, i know it's a little short. i am trying to pick up the pace just a little bit so bare with me. happy reading :D )

Liliana's P.O.V:

I watched her send Aimee and Gia flying back away from me then she pounced on me. I slammed my head on the tile, groaning in pain, then Milena was straddling me. She ripped the butter knife out of my hand, trying to stab me with it, but I caught her wrists. It was a power game that I knew I could win, but I didn't want to hurt her. Yes, Milena was trying to kill me right now, but I didn't want to accidently murder one of my best friends in a werewolf's house if I kicked her off me.

I threw my head in her face, getting her to let go of the knife in shock, then held her wrists together. I threw a wild right hook that connected with her jaw, then managed to get my leg up to kick her off me. I scrambled up to my knees as Milena was on the floor holding her head, then I heard Aimee and Gia chanting in Latin. Milena tried crawling like a baby to me at full speed, but rammed into an invisible wall. I backed up as I started to feel Kaiden's worried emotions taking over me.

"Nate's on his way here. He can feel me," Gia said to me as she bent down to look at the back of my head. She asked, "Do you mind?"

I shook my head, instantly regretting it as my head screamed in pain. Gia touched the back of my head, pulling her hand away, then it happened fast again. Aimee and Gia both screamed as Milena broke through the wall and jumped on me again. I slammed my head once more on the tile, catching her wrists again, then shouted for someone to get Kaiden at the top of lungs. I felt her strength somehow increasing, losing the power struggle game with her slowly. I knew it was a fucking butter knife, but with the right amount of pressure, it could do some damage.

"This is for Cameron," Milena hissed at me, and I stared at her in shock.

For a moment, in that shock, I felt insane for thinking that I was safe here. In that moment as well, Milena rammed the knife in my left shoulder with all her strength. I screamed in pain, hearing someone roaring my name, then Milena was flung off me. I felt my shoulder for the butter knife, yanking it out, and let it slip out of my hand. I heard everyone clamoring around me as Aimee was screaming at Jason to not let Kaiden kill Milena. I got to my feet, seeing Kaiden had dragged her out in the backyard, then held my bloody shoulder. I was getting up, holding my shoulder with one hand and the back of my head with the other.

"He's gonna kill her, Nathan! Stop him," Gia pleaded with Nathan as I saw Jason and Aimee running out to the backyard.

"He won't kill her," Nathan sounded like he was reassuring himself.

I felt Kaiden's anger rising higher than ever, it was intoxicating, then said to Nathan, "Help him. He's getting angrier by the minute."

"Help Lily and I got my brother." Nathan told Gia, then he jogged out the house.

Gia asked me, "Can I?"

I nodded, leaning on her, and she helped me up to the bathroom. I sat on the toilet, watching her getting a first aid kit, then moved my hand away. I felt the wound on my shoulder one more time, then realized it was bigger than it should've been. I stood up, having Gia help me pull down my shirt enough to see that my wound was nasty looking. It was deep, but something was making the veins around it appear in black tint.

"Oh my god! Nightshade poisoning," Gia breathed out in horror, and I looked at her. She quickly explained as she got a fluffy white towel, "Nightshade is deadly to those from a magical bloodline, and can be fatal. You're human! It doesn't make sense!"

"Should I be seeing little black spots too?" I breathed out, then felt her slamming the towel on my shoulder.

I grunted in pain, hearing her apologize. I felt so lightheaded. I was going to chalk it up to my head being slammed into tile twice, but I didn't know how to explain the new feeling of being numb throughout my entire body. I closed my eyes as Gia was screaming at the top of her lungs for Nathan out of the bathroom. I guessed I must've looked worse in my face than I felt. Everything went black, I felt the cool tile on the side of my face as Gia screamed even louder.

What the hell was happening to me?!