17

(thank you all for the 100+ reads! this song ^ is showing how Kaiden is feeling this chapter. i know this part is from Lily's p.o.v but work with me here lol)

Liliana's P.O.V:

I backed up into the small TV set as Kaiden only stared at me. How long had he been shirtless? Why the hell was I noticing this now? Why in the fuck was I even looking?! I saw Kaiden's tattoos stopped at his arm socket for the sleeve of tattoos along with some faint and healed scars on his torso. Stop. Looking! It was too late and I'm pretty sure Kaiden saw me staring at his abs. I looked away, feeling my face turning red as I tried not to count how many abs he had. I swore it was six-pack, but I dared not to look again.

Kaiden only said as I looked away from him, "I'm sorry."

"For what?" I asked, trying to look away from his shirtless display.

Kaiden sighed heavily, "For kissing you against your will. I'll try to ask for your permission next time."

I nodded, slowly looking at him to see that he was trying to find something to wear. He walked to the side of the bed I was sleeping on, grabbing his jacket, then slipped it on. Kaiden waited for my approval—or at least it felt like it—then walked to sit on the edge of the bed facing me. I held my biceps, waiting for him to say something else, but he only stared at me. It was bad enough he kissed me against my will, but now he was full on checking me out without a care in the world.

"Aren't you going to sit down?" He asked, making me glare at him, then he just rolled his eyes at me. Kaiden sighed, "Fine, have it your way. What do you want to ask me, sweetheart?"

"Ask you?" I repeated, and he nodded.

Kaiden explained, "I already told you about the grim reaper side of me at the hospital before all this shit happened. You can probably piece together that Jace is a werewolf and Nate is a hunter. Liam is a hunter too, but I swear he act more like a warlock with how much of a pain in the ass he is."

"Warlock?" I repeated, getting another nod from him.

Kaiden studied me as he said, "I'm a hunter, so are my brothers. The leech that you call your 'ex-boyfriend' is a very old vampire."

"But what you're saying...it's all a myth," I tried to rationalize.

"Do you want to explain how your ex never went out in broad daylight? Or how he talks in a Russian accent like he's from the soviet union?" Kaiden questioned, and I glared at him.

I gave the same story Calvin gave me, "Calvin's from Russia. He had only moved back to the States to—"

"Be with his twin brother a few years ago? Yeah, that's the excuse the council was fed to," Kaiden scoffed.

"Council?" I gave him a confused look, and Kaiden gave one more nod.

Kaiden stared into my eyes as he explained, "Every supernatural being has a council that answers to the hunters' council. Our council in turns works with the human council and we carry out the laws for our kind out in the world. Vampires are the ones that can't seem to keep their damned community in line, so we step in and help herd in their 'people' to stay in the contents of the law."

"You don't follow regular laws?"

Kaiden shook his head, "No, we have our own laws. There's one that is the most upheld one. We keep our world a secret from humans and as a hunter, I have to make sure that y'all aren't getting killed left and right by vampires or wolves. You were almost a number on a total of humans that have been murdered by that thing."

"If what you're saying is true, then explain why you haven't done your job and killed him yet?" I put my hands on my hips, then Kaiden stood up.

He glared at me, "I've been trying to, Lily. It's not exactly easy when I have to look for Calvin without using you as bait."