Chapter 1: Coming Home

looking out of the window of the hunk of metal in the sky. she sighed and turned flinching slightly at the pain coming from her stump, and the bandages wrapped around her wounds. what hurt worst was the fact she could no longer protect her country, and losing one of the closetes people to her. it still hurts her despite them losing contact over 5 years ago.

she was now on her way back home. she had sent a letter home letting them know she was coming home but had received no letter back. she had assumed that they where just busy and the military had to send her somewhere so she was sent home. The intercom startled her from her thoughts as the piolt annouced they where strating to land. she glanced out of the window to see the airport and smiled gently ready to see her parents again.

as soon as the plane landed and stopped at the gate she shot up and digging for her carry-on then following the line of people geting off the plane. all alround her, other military personal, some she worked with in the past, some new, finding their family and friends. she smiled everytime and kept going trying to find her family. as everyone started to disperse and she still couldnt find her family she started getting worried. hailing a cab after getting the rest of her things.

what she had expected wasnt what she saw. her old house had been recently renovated. big time. her parents loved to keep the old house the way it was. when she got out, paying the cab before he zooms off. she left her bags where they were while she walked to the door and knocked it on the door. hearing the deep barking of a dog, confused she knocks again.

when the door fianlly opens she was in the middle of saying hello when the guy stopped her.