Chapter 21

when they finally caught up with Bow and Glimmer, who had already scored a table, adora was feeling overwhelmed. since the military she hated anything to do with crowds, knowing it could end with something going wrong. she shook out of her thoughts by catra, who looked concerned. "you good?" catra said softly, and adora nodded. "im alright.. flashback.." catra nodded and sat down, motioning for adora to sit as well, wo does and picks up the menu to look through it. "we already ordered water and coffee for the table." bow stated smirking. "ah awesome thank you bow, what yall thinking of getting?" "me and bow are gonna share the big breakfast plate. 4 pancakes, eggs and baconnnnnn" adora perked up at the sound of bacon.

when the waitress came to take their order, and brought them their drinks before taking their orders and menus before walking off. bow and glimmer started grabbing the sugar and milk to sweeten the coffee. catra just shook her head at the amount of sugar being put in their coffees. "guys, omg enough the the super sugared coffees." "no! we refuseeeeeeeee!" bow said dramatically, earning a chuckle from everyone at the table. "fine fine.. i guess that IS enough sugar." glimmer said with a fake pouty tone, earning a grumbed agreement from Bow. "fineeee" adora laughed softly before putting her own sugar in the coffee, only taking a sip and pushing it away slightly. catra saw but didnt comment instead turning to the story being told by bow. "and then she went to the back, grabbed all her stuff and just left, like the manager said, he was so pissed that he followed her out an yelled at her to get back to work.. he was eventually charged with assault... so now the assistant manager is in charge."

"damnnn your work sounds crazy.." catra commented, through mouthfuls of coffee. adora listened to her friends telling stories, and crazy job stories with a fake frown. since she got back she felt like she was ruining the groups dynamic by just returning like nothing happened. she could feel her panic coming up as they started talking over each other as they talked about a moment. she excused herself quietly to the bathroom, though she wasn't sure if they heard her, and disappeared into the bathroom. making her way to the sink she splashed cold water and sighed leaning on the sink. "you fine.. your fine..dont panic.." taking a final deep breath she left the bathroom heading back to the table, and seeing that the food had came while she was gone. she sat down quickly mumbling a sorry before digging in quickly, not seeing Catra shooting her a concerned look.

"soooo does dora here know where we are going?" bow shot glance to adora giggling softly at her confused look. "nope thought wed keep it a surprise until we get there though shed probably figure it out quickly enough." "wait where are we going? you just said a little vacation?" adora turned to catra fake annoyance on her face as she started at her girlfriend. "its a surprise for you adroa, a special place, if you can remember it." adora immediately went confused and adopted a thinking face, trying to remember the place. "uhh nope... i cant remember honestly.. where is it?" catra just laughed and shook her head. "just wait love, and fish up cmon we gotta hit the road so we can get there before dark!."

once they were done and paid, they were back on the road. Bow had taken control of the Aux cord again and started blasting songs, in between fighting with both glimmer and Adora for the aux cords. Catra had rolled the windows down abit and thy were all laughing over the wind. Catra wished she could take a picture of this moment. Adora actually looked happy and relaxed. her smile was as bright as catra remembered and the testing quips she shouted over the wind towards bow were just like her. Catra smiled finding herself glancing more and more at adora, though she didn't seem to notice or mind. a quick glance to glimmer found that she was thinking the same thing.

bout half way they stopped for lunch, though a quick pit stop. with their bellies full, and Bow driving, Glimmer in the passenger, swiftwind was in the back with adora and catra, nestled between adoras legs, and watched over them as both Adora and catra fell asleep, leaning against each other gently and snoring softly. Glimmer and bow chuckled and turned down the music, and talked in soft whispers or humming along to the music, quieting when one of the sleeping friends moved or softly groaned. they knew better than to wake the two, knowing that both could kick their butts if woken up before they are ready. though with one of them getting restless it wouldn't take long. glimmer turned annoyed that someone was kicking her seat, meeting swiftwinds eyes as he turned to his owner, but quieted with a worried look when she saw adoras face scrunched up and her body trembling slightly. with a soft whimper adora kicked the seat again and jerked, knocking into catra. catra woke with a snarl ready to fight whoever woke her up before another soft wimer caught her attention. without thinking catra gently brought adora close, not seeing glimmer watching her as she comforted her girlfriend.

"its okay Dora.. your safe.." Catra said softly rubbing adoras back softly. feeling her calm down, and relax into her side and warmth, catra loked up, to meet the gaze of glimmer who was smiling softly. "your sweet with her catra... you always were." catra just chuckled softly, quieting when adora mumbled softly and nuzzled into her friend more, a hand reaching out to rest a hand on swiftwind. "she saved me.. now that shes back i need to protect her.." catra said softly keeping her gaze on her girlfriend a soft smile findng its way on her face. glimmer smiled and reached out taking catras other hand. "and we will be here to protect the both of you." Catra smiled and nodded, tighting her hold on both and relaxing nto the car.