Chapter 27

after they had dealt with Double Trouble, they had decided to do a day in. it was there last day in the house, which means it was back to work and the big city. Adora had been feeling much better, both with her PTSD and overall pain with her stump. the vacation, though short, seemed to help the small group alot. Adora was outside with Swiftwind again, watching the pup bounce from new thing to new thing with quiet laughter. she forgot how much the dog helped her, since the military did not allow her to bring hm with her. she had completely forgotten that her parents would try to get rid of the dog when she left, and felt bad that swiftwind had to go through any abuse from her parents before Bow and Glimmer took him in. 

she had no idea how long she was outside, sitting on the comfortable chairs and watching her pup, not until the sliding door opened and caught her attention. Catra stepped outside holding a plate with a sandwich and water. Catra looked up to see Adora looking at her and smiled, holding the food and drink up. "got ya something for lunch, been out here for awhile now." Catra set the food on the table in front of Adora before taking a seat in the other opened chair, turning her attention to the woods and wandering ball of white fur. Adora smiled thankfully and started eating the sandwich, not realizing she was hungry until she took the bite. she finished the food quickly and sighed, happy to have a full stomach. "hey thank you again for your help with Double Trouble Adora.. seriously.." Adora looked over at her girlfriend staying quiet for a moment. 

she noticed that Catra always tried to act so tough and strong for the both of them, even when they were younger. Adora didn't remember a lot about Catra's mom, but the one thing she always knew was that her mom was a psychological abuser, always trying to change Catras views on everything and control what her daughter could and couldn't do. as catra grew older the lies and abuse didn't lessen, but her mother figured out it wouldn't work on the girl anymore and resorted to physical violence. She could remember when Catra would come into school with a bruised arm, or a black eye, but she always brushed it off as a fight.

"it's no worries Catra.. you know that you need to fully cut her from your life right? you cant keep letting her control you like that. she has no right anyway, you are a full grown adult." Catra nods, turning back to look at Swiftwind weaving in and out of trees following a scent. "i-i know.. but shes unpreidctable.. what if she tries to hurt you guys to get to me.. i dont want to put you guys in danger." Adora sighs softly and leans back. when her girlfriend had her mind set on something, she wont budge from it. letting it drop for now the two sat in comfortable silence, just enjoying the scenery. Swiftwind had ran back up to adora and Catra, licking their hands before settling between them with a huff, earning a laugh from both of them. "are you done Swifty haha" Adora rolls her eyes at her pups antics, petting his head softly before getting up. "lets head back inside, we should make sure we are fully packed back up then maybe a movie or something."

Catra nods and follows behind shaking her head as Swift scrambled to his feet and raced inside, pushing them both to the side. "swiftwind i swear to god!" Adora called out to the dog, Who only barked. Glimmer and Bow started laughing from the kitchen, laughing harder at the glare Adora gave, though her face broke into a soft smile glad she had her friends.