Chapter 3: found by a Friend

Adora was curled behind a few trash cans, where she dragged herself to hide from the relentless rain. She couldn't go much further the rain and cold draining the rest of her energy. The best she could do tuck herself between the trash cans and use her jacket to try and protect herself further as she slowly fell asleep as the storm continued fiercely.

She awoke to people chattering and laughing along the Sidewalk . Groaning softly and glancing around she noticed something off immediately. She had hot/cold spikes running along her body, everything was achy, and her head was fuzzy. She knew that she was most likely sick, that being the only thing that aligned with the symptoms.

As she woke up more and moved to get up she gasped at a soft pain. The pain helped clear her head as she swiftly started scanning for the source. It was her stump, the metal rubbed against the skin wrong, With all the rain it messed with the linings and so it now rubs wrong against the skin. Groaning softly and getting to her feet, and left the safety of the trash cans, to find it no longer raining, must be why everyone is out now.

leaving the alleyway and swiftly joining the crowd, only to duck back into another alley shortly after. the crowds of people being to much for her pounding head and stumbling. she just crouched down grateful of the fact no one seems to glance her way and just relax, shed go food hunting when it calmed down or at night. resting her head on her arms and pulling her knees to her chest to hide.

"Ad-Adora? Is that truly you? i thought you left for the army?" upon hearing the voice she lifted her head, making her head swim worse and take in her person. Sure enough she recognized the person who spoke. Catra, her best friend since Elementary was right there. "Ca-catra?" Catra seemed surprised that she remembered her but then grimaced. "damn you even sound bad Adora.. come on, you look like you need a good meal."

Catra bent down and gently helped up her best friend, still blown out of her mind that Adora was back and gently helped her into the crowd making sure to stay close.