chapter 12

Catra had woken up first, slightly disoriented and confused on why she was on her couch, and there was a weight on her lap. with a glance downwards she froze stifling a squeak of surprise. ther laid Adora, completely still, and out, her soft snores tickling Catra's neck. Catra just smiled gently, as the events of what happened the other night. Adora's story of her leg, and the kiss. She had been slightly hopefully that Adora had felt the same. Catra didnt want to move incase it woke up Adora, who needed the sleep, but her bladder, and stomach had other plans and made themselves known with a rather loud grumble, and the sudden urge to go to the bathroom. Gently moving Adora off her lap, ad reorganizing her onto the couch, before finally relieving herself.

Coming back into the living room to get to the kitchen she was surprised to see Swiftwind sitting obediently at the door. she chuckled softly, "you need the bathroom yourself bud?" at Swift winds bark, atra chuckled and went to grab his collar, when a soft groan stopped her. "swiftwind... buddy its sooo earlyyyy..." upon hearing his owner he barked again and ran to the couch licking the face of Adora. "Bleh! SWift wind buddy stopppp! okay okay! ill take yu for your alk chill!" Adora sat up petting the mutt softly before looking around for her prosthetic. Catra watched the interaction still holding the collar of the pup, with a soft smile. she studied adora and felt her smile drop when Adora;s did. "oh.. wait wheres my prosthetic..."

"Hey dora, we couldn't find your prosthetic... from where we found you.. we can go in today and get you fitted for a new one, you needed a new one anyway yea?" Catra aid softly moving to the couch offering a small smile, knowing better than to show pity. "o-oh.. so-sorry buddy wont be able to take you out.." Adora said petting the dogs head softly. Swiftwind lets out a soft whimper plopping is head in Adoras lap, wanting to help his owner. he didn't move when Catra moved closer and sat beside his owner. Adroa sighed and leaned into Catra's side gently, and Catra instantly went to comfort, gently rubbing her back. "hey, how about i take him for a walk, then start breakfast, or do you want breakfast before?" "nono you can take him for a walk, ill get started on breakfast.." "love, i hate to tell you but you are down a leg, think you can stay up long enough to make breakfast?" Adora blushed slightly at the pet name, causing Catra to snicker. "ill be fine catra.. Swiftwind needs his walk though."

"okay okay, i have my phone so call me if you need me back okay? be careful, we have been lucky enough to avoid hospital visits so lets keep it that ay yea?" Adora snickered and nodded. Catra put the collar on Swiftind then headed to the door to grab the leash. The pup in question seemed hesitant to leave Adora's side, but the prospect of a walk had hi running to where catra was. As soon as the door was opened and the leash was hooked, catra barely had enough time to yell a goodbye and close the door before Swiftwind boltoed off. Adora chuckled softly and took a deep breathe to center herself. bracing her hands on the couch she pushed upwards managing to get on her feet just fine. She was almost snt toppling over, but she swiftly grabbed the arm of the couch to steady herself.

already panting softly, she used the couches arm and back to get her lined up with the doorway of the kitchen. taking another steading gasp, Adora let go and started hopping quickly. she stumbled slightly but managed to stay on her foot, until her foot caught the slight rise that marked the entrance of the kitchen. yeping she topple forward, trying to catch herself on the counter, only yo knock whatever was on said counter to the ground, and hurting her arm. she landed with a loud and hard thud, crying out softly when her head whacked the floor. she laid stunned waiting for the dizziness to fade, however when it didnt she just sucked in a breath and slowly got her hands underneath her and pushed herself up onto hands and knee, taking another breathe when the world tilted dangerously. Heaving herself up, alittle to fast, she had no way of stopping herself as her vision went black for the 5th time that week.

the sicking thud that followed echoed through the quiet apartment.