Chapter 26

Perssiant knocks at the door is what woke Catra up. She was warm, not overheating, and her back and neck hurt. As her eyesight slowly cleared she quickly figured out why. They must've fallen asleep during the movie because the tv was stuck on the title screen. Bow and Glimmer where also asleep, heads leaned back against the back of the couch in a way that didn't look one bit comfortable, with Glimmer pressed firmly into Catras side, trying to steal the warmth from her friend. A weight made itself known in her arms as she tried to get up, and she turned to find Adora had snuggled further against her in her sleep. Catra smiled gently and quietly removed her arms, being careful not to wake any of her friends as she slowly and quietly dispatched herself from the huddle. Making sure adora was comfortable, and her friends hopefully wouldn't wake up with stiff necks, she turned to address the incessant knocking, which was slowly turning to pounding as the person behind got impatient. 

Throwing the door open, her face contorted in a angry yell, though her mouth snapped shut as she saw DT standing at the door. They had grown quite abit, their hair longer and face losing the baby fat it used to have. They had also grown much taller, about a inch taller than Catra herself. They looked inpatient though froze upon seeing Catra in front of them, their face changing into one of annoyance instead of surprise. "Ah Catra, you need to come with me." Catras face morphed to one of confusion at the sentence. "Why? I'm with my girlfriend and friends right now. What's so impor-" "Your mom needs you to come home now, And stop this little teenage tantrum." DT interrupted, ignoring the way Catra tensed at the words, and became so much more wary. "Huh? Teenage tantrum? It's been YEARS since I seen her last, we talk everyday, and besides YOU know the abuse she put me through. Why now of all days does she want me back?!"

"She just wants you back. as her worker, I make that happen." DT answered cryptically, reaching forward to grab Catras arm, though she quickly yanked her arm away. "No, you dont touch me. What do you mean as her worker? Last I check your mom worked for mine, what changed?" DT glared at Catra, annoyed again since she was making it so much harder. "A Lot has changed since you left Catra. As soon as you did i threw myself into learning how to help your mom, earning my own place in the ranks. Now, you are to come with me now, or will i need to use force?" Catra dodged again as DT lunged forward to grab her arm again, confused and angry that her old friend, who helped her get away, is now trying to get her back. "She isn't going with you. Not now, not ever." A sudden voice called from behind Catra and she turned around, relaxing when she saw Adora standing, just behind her. Adora was glaring sharply at DT, and Catra saw the confidant Military officer Adora was originally. She walked forward with purposeful steps, standing just in front of her, keeping her glare on DT, who took a step back, actual fear flashing through his eyes. 

Catra felt hands grab her arms, and she pulled away and turned to find Bow and Glimmer looking worriedly at her. "im alright.." She muttered softly, letting Glimmer grab her arm and take her a few steps away from the door, out of sight. "Wait Adora-" "She told us to get you away, she will be fine, look at her." All three turned their attention back to Adora and DT, the latter looking nervously at Adora. "What makes you think that you can just waltz here and take her, under the rule of her 'mother'. As far as i know, my girlfriend is a adult. Which means she can make her own choices does it not?" Adora stated glaring at them with venom in her eyes. They fumbled over a answer before getting interrupted again by Adora. "Unless her 'mother' comes back to take her, which we both know she's to much of a lazy, worthless mother to even attempt, seeing as she sent one of her staff to retrieve her daughter, you will not be laying a hand on Catra, much less bringing her to her worthless excuse of a mother. Now. Go crawling back to your boss and do not show your face around my girlfriend again do you understand?" DT just gulped audibly and backed away before fully turning and basically running to their car, the sounds of tires squealing and they were gone. 

Adora closed the door, after making sure they were truly gone and walked over to Catra gently bringing her into a hug. "Are you okay love? He didn't hurt you did he? I swear if he tri-" Catra laughed softly and hugged back, calming her fuming girlfriend. "No Im alright Adora. That was incredible honey! I didn't know you could be so scary?! That was amazing!" Adora blushed lightly and pulled away, scanning Catra for any wounds or rashes before relaxing and deflating slightly. "That was so cool adora! Were you a commander?" Glimmer said eyes shining with pride at her oldest friend. "Ye-yea i was. Just before I was dispatched. Though I had a small squadron that I lead for... a couple months before I was made commander." Bow launched forward and hugged Adora tightly, earning a squeak before she hugged him back. Catra smiled watching the two before she sighed softly. "Seems like moms trying to reach out again.. I really hope that she wont do anything to you guys." 

"I won't let her hurt any of you, she doesn't have any right to even attempt anything Catra, your a adult, your not under her anymore." Adora said, turning to look at her girlfriend with a serious face, moving forward to once again hug Catra gently. "And we got you back as well, we won't let her take you Catra." Bow Said softly, joining the hug and sandwiching the two between them. Catra chuckled softly and relaxed, knowing her friends and girlfriend got her back.