Chapter 18

Adora and Catra stood outside a small building near a cafe and their apartment. Catra had gently persuaded Adora to see a therapist. Adora had ptsd, that much was clear, as she jumped at any loud sounds, if she is touched without her notice she would punch out at them, though she apologized immediately. she had slight panic attacks over her arm or if shes left alone without warning, bad nightmares and more. it was actually quite easy to convince her to do therapy, though she was scared to go in by herself. when she asked if catra could come in with her she readily agreed, even going to bring Swiftwind as well to see if he can be trained as a therapy pup.

they entered the building and looked around the simple lobby. floor was oak wood, there were calming and funny pictures on the wall and the desk for the receptionist was birch. they walked up and waited for the receptionist to notice them. "hello ladies what can i do for you?" the receptionist voice calmed Adoras nerves slightly as she stepped forward. "H-hi, im here for the.... uhhh 3:00 appointment with Dr. Micah?" she looked to the side to Catra, who nodded with a smile. "ahh okay, ill let him know you are here, go ahead and sit down, he will call you in when hes ready okay?"

Adora just nodded and took a seat with Catra on her left. her god leg started bouncing slightly in nerves and Catra chuckled softly reaching out to rest a hand on her leg. "relax love, this will be all alright okay?" "i know.. its still nerve wracking.. i dont know if this is a good idea now.." "well we are here, its kinda to late at this point love." Adora pulled a face. "ughhhh i guess so... im just glad you and Swift are here..." she smiled and leans her head on Catras shoulder. soon enough the call of her name has her tensing and lifting her head to see a older man with black hair, a kind smiles and laid back posture. "Adora?" she stood up gripping Swift Winds leash tightly and stepped forward, the shuffling then footsteps behind her telling her that Catra was following.

when they reached the small office, he offered them to sit down, which they took gratefully. "hello you two, my name is Dr. Micah, im the therapist here, as im aware you are adora kiddo? he said softly pointing to Adora who nodded. "whos this Adora?" "uh... this is my girlfriend, Catra and my dog Swiftwind.. they came along to help me relax.. if thats good?" micah smiled and nodded "of course its nothing to worry about! now i want to get to know about you alitte, i hear you were a military worker but was sent home. can you tell what happened?" adora tenses up slightly and fiddled with her hands nervously. "uh it was a mission that went wrong, wrong place at the wrong time, and lost my leg.. wasn't able to stay after that." Catra reached over and gently held Adoras hands to still them.

"and how about your relationship with your friends?" "um... its going good.. reconnected with most of them, the ones stil here at least. they are still the same haha, bow trying to keep us all safe and glimmer being my partner in crime, scorpia the mom of the group, prefuma and mermista still fight over the smallest things but they are still friends either way haha" Adora lit up talking about her friends and going into them deeper upon being nudged and asked. the therapist listened occianly jotting and asking the apporite questions, and before adora knew it, the appointment was over. they shook hands and scheduled another appointment here soon before letting them out with a hearty goodbye. the recpeionist waved goodbye to them as they left the building.

"soooo? as bad as yu thought it would be babe?" Catra said opening the passagner door for Adora and opening the backdoor for swiftwind." not at all! that was actually really fun.. though it may not always be like that i will assume..." she sat down and buckled up and closed her door turning to catra who got in herself. "yes.. but swiftwind and i will be here for you. Adora smiled and nodding letting the nice queitess come over the car as they drove home happy it went as well as it did.