Chapter 8- Lost in a new city

when Catra came home it was to the quietness of the apartment. Adora wasn't on the couch nor in her room, and she didn't hear water running. Catra started looking around for any sign of where Adora could be in the apartment but found nothing. Catra sat on the couch now fully worried that someone had taken Adora,, but there was no sign of a break in. she called her friends to see if they had take her out somewhere at least, since they weren't there either. "nope, we left shortly about a hour before you came home catra." Glimmer said, hearing the worry. "we dropped off Swiftwind at your place, maybe she went on a walk?" Bow said helpfully. there was noise and other people talking over the phone, and ctra could make out mermista and Scorpio Mainly.

"i highly doubt she remembers this town now... and she was injured and sick." catra got up grabbing her coat to get ready to look. "we can help you look for her Catra.. its getting dark way to fast, it'll get cold quick too." Bow said, ruffling already on his side, and muffled talking. "Mermista and Scorpia have agreed to help as well. dont leave yet! we are close by. meet at your apartment okay?" bow said before ending the call. Twenty minutes later there was a knock on the door and when opened the door she saw bow glimer, mermista and Scropira. "hey you ready to find your girlfriend?" bow said the the blush of Catra. "She isnt my Girlfriend!" catra defended the the smirks of bow and glimmer. "sureeee...." "cmon we are wasting time.. you all know what Swiftwind looks like, we find swiftwind, we can find Adora." she pushed through the group down the stairs with the others behind her.

they had split up into teams, each taking a different route they though Adoa would go. Catra was alone since there was no one else. she decided it would be easier anyway, she could hear better. the streets where slowly thinning with people as the cold drove people inside. her phone started ringing which startled the already tense girl. sighing she answered not looking at the caller id. "ello?" "catra! we found Swiftwind, but no sign of Adora. Swiftind seems like he wants to take us somewhere hough?" "okay im on the way, did you call mermeista or scorpia yet?" "nope was going to right after you though." "okay good. im on my way." she ended the call and started running toward where bow and Glimmer went.

the closer she got, the cleare she could hear the anxious whimpers and yips of Swiftwind. turning the corner she saw Bow and Glimmer crouched trying to calm the small dog. on the other side of the sidewalk, Scorpia and Mermista running over as well. "well he definitely looks panicked... should we let him lead?" "if he knows where she is its a good try. " Ctra bent over petting the anxious dog, "hey buddy, cmon where is adora bud?" at his bark they let him go then ran to follow as he ran. the sun was fully set by now, only streetlights and their phones flashlight where the only sources of light they had as they followed the dog deeper into the town. he suddenly stopped in front of a dark alleyway, whimpering as he stood his ground, not willing to go in, but wanting to.

"she in there buddy?" catra said softly pointing her flashlight into the alley, seeing a arm sticking out behind the trash can. curiosity pulled catra into the alley, and when she sw the limp form she gasped softly. bruises where already lining along her arms and neck, her arms and chest where bloody, her only good leg looked broken, and there was no sign of the prosthetic. "did you find her catra?" glimmer called as catra moved forward, sighing softly when she felt a pulse. as gently as she could, Catra picked Adora up and covered her in Catras jacket ignoring how she was cold, hiding the stumpf rom the others. "i got her but shes freezing. lets head back to my apartment, warm up.

they nodded and caught a bus to the closests bus stop to Adoras apartment. she got out with swiftwind, bow and glimer, while the other two stayed on, saying they had early morning so they going to head out. After saying goodnight to them the group headed up to Catras aparmtent, and once inside Catra gently set Adora onto the guest bedroom pulling the covers up over her to warm her up. Siftwind jumped up and curled righ beside Adora, protecting her and Catra smied gently, Like always Swiftwind procting Adora. leaving the room, shutting the door slightly, And headed back to the living room. Glimmer and Bow were sitting on the couch with a cup of coffee, another cup on the coffee table.

"thank you guys for the help.." Ctar stated while sitting in the empty set, grabbing the thrid cup. "no problem catra, she was our friend too, and if shes in trble we want to help." Glimmer said smiling, which catra returned softly. "you gys can stay here for the night, though would take the couch.. i gave adora the guest." "thats fine catra, we can deal with the couch." glimmer sighed softly leaning against bow being warmed by the warth and the cup, and slowly fell asleep. Catra laughed softlywhile bow shook his head smiling. taking her cup out of her hands before it fell he put both his and glimmers on the table befpre falling to a laying postion. Catra took this chance to get up, and move the cups to the kitchen and shutting off the lights. "good night you two." Catra whispered, already seeing bow asleep, before going to her own room. sleep coming slowly for catra.

she was up in an instant when a sharp yell rang through the apartment.