Chapter 23

Adora woke up to someone softly shaking her arm. she grumbled softly and just readjusted to lean against the couch arm instead, bringing her knees closer to her chest as she curled up against the couch cushions. she heard quiet giggles as she slowly fell back asleep but another gently shake brought er back to groggy. swiping around with a arm trying to swipeaway was shaking her, she heard her name. "adora... love cmon lets go to a actual bed. you will regret sleeping here.." Adra mumbled softly not wanting to get up and nuzzled into the cushions. "adora please.. i dont know if id be able to carry you without dropping you love.. and you will be much more comfortable on a bed, not the couch.Adora grumbled again but slowly uncurled and stretched out opening her eyes slowly and watching catra slowly come into focus. her girlfriend had a very apologetic smile as she helped adora up, who whimpered softly at the dull pain in her neck. "sorry love.. i know you can go back to bed when we get into the room." adora just sighed softly and leaned her head against catras shoulder as she guided her to the room, Swiftwind following right behind with a soft whine.

Adora laid down as soon as they reached the bed, then reached to her prosthetic and unbuckled it quickly. leading against the bedside table as she rolled off the rubber protecting her stump from the metal. laying that on the bedside table she laid back down and curled into catra, feeling Swiftwind lay down right behind her and sighs softly falling back asleep feeling safe. catra smiled softly and rubbed Adoras shoulders softly before she fell asleep herself, holding her girlfriend close to her side to keep her safe. though her thoughts wouldn't leave Catra alone, even in sleep. within minutes of falling back asleep Catra was up yet again and just tried to calm her thoughts by studying her girlfriend. Adora's face was scrunched slightly, and while her breathing was light, her softly breathes were quick. catra reached over and gently rubbed where adora's nose and forehead met, trying to smooth the worried look on her face, and smiled softly when Adora's face relaxed under her touch. Catra gently kissed her forehead softly and moved closer to her girlfriend and felt adora move closer and just relaxed pulling out her phone and just scrolling through her feed, quietly chuckling at posts.

Catra didn't know when she finally fell asleep, waking up to the sun shining through the curtains, and bow arguing with glimmer about something. with a soft groan she turned to cuddle with adora, only to find her girlfriend missing. Catra grumbled softly and just curled underneath the covers, praying to get a few extra hours of sleep as she listened to the conversation. she could hear Adora talking softly, interrupting the argument with something and getting the other couple to laugh. Catra smiled softly and finally just got up. taking the chance to change into day clothes she opened the door to a unusual sight. Bow was trying to fight off Swiftwind, who was trying to steal bacon off the table. Adora and Glimmer where no help as they sat laughing and just observing. when her presence was noticed, Bow started pleaded. "Catra! call your damn dog! hes stealing BAcon!" catra just chuckled and walked over gently dragging swiftwind away and outside to do his business. bow sighed in relief behind her, then started accusing his girlfriend of not coming to his rescue, earning cackles back.

Catra slipped into the sea next to her girlfriend after bringing Swiftwind back inside. Quickly serving herself some pancakes and bacon she just sat and listened as the three planned the day. "we can do the trail today, there's a creek or pond or something at the end of the trail that has a beautiful small waterfall. im pretty sure the water is safe to swim in too so we can do a picnic as well." bow glanced at them head titled. "ooo sounds good.. would we have enough to do a picnic?" glimmer responded quickly. "we should, we bought a ton of food, so we should be good." the shrill ring of catras phone had all of them jumping slightly in surprise. Catra checked the caller she groaned and glared at the device before standing and heading outside to answer. Adora watched he worriedly, knowing that only one person could make her girlfriend so anger and annoyed. "cmon, lets get his cleaned up and ready to go yea?" Glimmer said trying to redirect Adora from worrying, which worked after a minute of staring. they cleaned up their plates in silence, leaving Catras hal finished plate so she could finish it. Angry yelling bleed through the doors of the porch, drawing the attention of adora. after glancing over to bow and glimmer who just shooed her away gently, Adora limped to the slider door and opened it quietly, catching the last of Catras sentence.

"just leave me the hell alone! i dont need you anymore, and its sad you keep trying!" Catra angrily punched the end call button, and titled her head up to the sky. her hand was griping the phone so hard that her hand was turning white, until Adora gently pried her hand open and taking the device. it seemed to shake Catra out of her thoughts and she turned to adora with a half annoyed, half upset face. adora just pulled her into a gentle, but tight grip, smiling softly when Catra returned it. "do-dont worry about her love... she fe-feeds off your responses.. j-just ignore her..." Adora said softly, rubbing Catra's back softly to help calm her girlfriend down. after a few minutes she led catra back inside and allowed glimmer to distract catra, starting to make sandwiches for the day, while adora went to grab both their swimsuits and towels and set them out. Adora thought for a moment before changing into the swimsuit, avoiding eye contact with the mirror until she had a thirst and shorts on. shaking her head to clear any thoughts before heading back out. Bow and glimmr had changed into their own bathing suits and were holding their towels and bags, talking at the entrance as Catra packed away the last of their lunch.

before long they were on the trail, swiftwind running ahead barking and chasing anything he saw, though he always came back to check on them. Bow and Glimmer were ahead of the group, talking softly among each other though kept checking behind them to make sure catra and adora were good. Catra was next to her girlfriend just listening to the sounds of nature and her girlfriends soft pants as they walked. the pond was only about a mile away from the cabin so they didn't need to walk to far but the terrain was slightly rocky and steep. adora did not complain as she followed the others, slightly behind them as her leg started hurting slightly. " we are almost there guys, just a few more minutes." Glimmer called over her shoulder, and they could hear the sound of running water, though it was faint. the rocky terrain had given way to a smoother trail. when they finally reached the pond and creek they found a hady spot and put their stuff down. Glimmer and bow were quick to shed their clothes and jump into the water with a yell, swiftwind quickly following behind with a bark. Catra shed her own clothes though turned with concern when Adora didn't do the same, instead lowering herself to sit next to their stuff in the shade. " your not coming in?" catra asked softly, brows furrowed as she crouched in front of adora. "nah im okay love, go have fun though ill be fine here." adora said smiling and gently pushing her girlfriend to the water.

after confirming that adora would be okay, catra finally joined the other two with a big splash, which turned into a splash war between all three, the sound of their laughing carrying over the water, and causing adora to smile softly, glad her girlfriend was smiling and laughing after the phone call. she opened her girlfriends phone, and blocked Shadow Weavers phone number with her own glare and putting back onto the bag and just relaxed against the grass with a soft sigh.