Chapter 25

Adora blinked her eyes open as a shadow cooled her body slightly and water droplets falling onto her skin makin her shiver. she had been enjoying the warmth of the sun, and the feeling of the grass underneath her, glad to have found some sort of peace after what her life was in the air force. she mightve fallen asleep since s she blinked her eyes open she could feel her skin alittle hotter than normal. "adora your gunna burn if you dont put sunscreen on again.." catras concerned voice rang from above, watching her girlfriend sleepily push herself up to a sitting position. "so-sorry catra mustve fal-" a yawn broke her words, causing Catra to shake her head, though starting to smile softly. Adora was just the same. "cmon dummy lets get some sunscreen on you at least, before you burn to a crips." Catra kneeled down infront of Adora and grabbed the sunscreen slowly appliying it to her girlfriend as she reclosed her eyes. "hey catra! hows 'dora?" "sleepy.." adora mumbled in response, getting a laugh out of everyone. "ready to head back then?" Catra felt adora shake her head before she lifted it to look at bow, who was standing on the riverbed. "nah im alright, i dont wanna ruin yalls fun." splashing water told catra that Glimmer was getting out too and before both joined them at the tree.

"nah its fine Adora, if your sleepy we can head back, unless you wanna join us in the water for abit?" catra chuckled and put the sunscreen down and pushing herself up to stand. "oh uh no thanks.. but if you guys want to keep swimming im fine up here." "cmon! come join us at least for abit! isnt tht why you have your swimsuit on?" bow said reachinf down and picking up Adora, who started wiggling. "ah no bow.. im not up to swimming." Glimmer and bow chuckled softly, and catra watched curiously as they carefully took off Adoras leg, least they had the decentcy, before heading to the waters edge. Adoras scrambling got worse as she tried to get away, and catra took a step forward. "hey guys.. i dont thi-" a cut of scream and splash interrupted catras sentence, and she ran over to the edge to help a scrambling adora away from the edge, her clothed fully soaked to see the bathing suit underneath. Glimmer and Bow were giggling madly to the side, as adora couched softly, whole body shaking in fear.

Catra watched confused and brought her girlfriend back to the tree, wrapping her in the towel and making sure she was settled. the warmth of the sun seemed to fight off most of the shivers which catra was thakful for, though adora didnt seem to be responding to much. "adora.. love are you okay? whats wrong?" "th-the water..." "what about the water? was it a mission?" adora just simply nodded, not giving anything else, and though catra wanted to question her, knew it wasnt the best plan. finally glimmer and bow joined them back up at the tree, sensing the shift in mood. "we are sorry adora... we didnt know that you might have something agaist this.." "it-its fine guys. dont wory.. go back and enjoy the sun." catra heard the fake tilt in adoras voice, trying, and suceeding in convicing the other two she was fine, though catra didnt fall for it. "you guys go swim for abit more, ill stay with adora." after a few moments of hesitation glimmer and bow nodded heading back down to the water with a challenge.

"you didnt have to stay Catra.. you can go and swim more.." adora said softly after a few more moments of silence. "what kind of girlfriend would i be if i didnt stay to make sure yu where okay honey.." catra brought adora into a soft side hug. smiling when adora leaned into it with a soft sigh. they watched Glimmer and Bow try to splash and knock each other over, snorting softly when their insults rached the pairs ears. "sorry i ruined the mood again.." catra almost missed the words, but once they registered she pulled away slightly to look at adora. adora turned her head away when catra started pulling away, fearing the worst, though froze when a soft hand gently turned her head back to face her girlfriend. "adora. you listen and you listen good, it doesnt matter if you have a panic attack, freak out, bad memory, nothing. you are our friend and youd never bring the mood down if your feeling anything other than okay. you need to trust us to help you when your feeling anything other than okay, we are always going to be here to help. . okay?" adora just nodded dumbly, feeling tears forming. she pulled away from the soft grip to wipe them away, before feeling catra pull her into yet another hug. she melted into the hug again, crying softly into her shoulder. catra just rubbed her back soothingly and after bit adora sniffled.

a Few hours later the group was back at the house, showered and changed into comfy clothes all curled on the couches watching a movie. Adora had fallen asleep within the first couple minutes, leaning agasint catra gently. "is she okay? she didnt hurt anything when we dropped her in did we?" glimmer whispered from right beside Catra, scaring her since she was watchng the movie. "uh no shes okay.. just scared her alittle i think." Bow shushed them queitly, shooting them a glares, thogh earning quiet laughs from Glimmer and Catra as he turned back to the movie. they shared a look still giggling softly before turning back to the movie themselves, redy for another good day tomorrow.