Chapter 11:

as the night slowly came upon them, glimmer and bow said their goodbyes. the young couple had plans of their own and saw Catra needed to talk with adora so they said their goodbyes and leaving the sounds of their banter and laughter filling the halls as their footsteps got quieter and quieter. Catra laughed softly hearing them as she slowly packed up the dishwasher and seeing Adora petting Swiftwind softly on the ouch, talking to him like he was a real person. her soft conversations not quite reaching her but the soft murmuring did.

finishing her task she finally moved to the couch, her movement caching the eye of Adora who quitted and looked over. "heyyyyy Cataraaaa" Adora smirked seeing Catra fake annoyance with her catphrase. she giggled softly and Catra sighed smiling at the sound. "Hey Adora? can i ask you something?" Adoras face immediately went confused" "uhh sure Catra? whats up? nothing bad right? did i do somet-" Catra was quick to quiet her. "no no its okay Adora, you dont have to answer but i wanted to ask you about your.....nightmare last night? what was it about 'Dora?" catra said softly, grabbing her hand when she saw Adora clenching it hard.

"i-i...it was about that mission.... lost the leg..." she took a deep breath looking down at her lap. She could hear the sound of footsteps getting closer, then the couch dipped next to her. she lifted her head to the side to see catra sitting next to her, concern laden with concern as she felt herself being wrapped in a warm hug. she leaned happily into the hug trying to hide her tears as she gathered the courage to speak. "hey its ok.. you dont have to talk about it Adora.. i was just worried because it seemed like a really bad one.." Adora smiled gently, glad her best friend (crush) was there.

and she shook her head. "n-no i ju-just wasn't expecting it.. it was the mission i lost my arm to... i was sent to spy on the other side... when a idiot on the other side lit the fuses of some bombs.. tried to get away but it wasn't enough.... i-i woke up... to the doc-doctors and the ntce that i was med-medically discharged...." Adora didn't realize she started crying harder until her took a shuttering breath, catra pulled her into a tighter hug whispering reassurances to the hurting woman in her arms. for a few more minutes Adora's cries turned from full on sobs to quiet whimpers, before sniffles turned into a soft whimper. "there you go.. and you know i always have your back right..?you'll be okay.."

Adora just nestled closer to Catra smiling gently. letting the calming words of her crush calm her down enough to speak. "hey Adora? you know your okay right, your adorable, funny, creative, adventurous, and so gad dng self-sacrificing, above all so beautiful, no matter if you have a leg missing, nor if your wounded." Catra said softly, gently ifting Adoras head to look at her eyes and smiles gently when Adora met her eyes. lening forward slightly giving Adora tim to pull away before her lips met Adoras. Adora gave a soft gasp, surprised, and feeling Catra pulling kissed back softly.

when they finally pull back, only thier soft panting filled the room, they blushed slighty everytime they met eyes and were smiling gently. "woah.... i- i didnt think you felt the same....." Adora whispired smiling as she leaned gently into catra. "pf course dummy... you are incredible. who wouldnt want you 'Dora. i love you so much dumy. Adora blushed and hid her head agaisnt Catras neck gently as a comfortable silence hung over the pair. Adora's eyes started feeling heavy and soon enough was put to sleep by the warmth of her firend? girlfriend? and her pup, feeling safe.