Chapter 28

they had gotten back just after midnight, and after they had pulled into the parking lot of the apartment building, they head up to the apartment. Catra opened the door, allowing everyone to shuffle inside. they decided to put off putting their bags away, instead leaving them in the car until tomorrow. getting Bow and Glimmer settled in the guest room took no time, and she quietly closed the door to allow them to sleep soundly. Catra chuckled softly and turned off the lights heading to her and Adora's room, finding the later curled up against the pillows. Swiftwind was at her feet, raising his head at the newcomer. the soft thumps of his tail had Catra chuckling softly. "shh buddy, dont wake her."Catra made her way to the bed and climbed in, startling slightly when Adora shuffled over to curl into Catra. smiling Catra let sleep overtake her, glad to finally be home. 

the next morning found everyone sleeping in late, waking up one by one, and convening in the Kitchen. Catra was up first like usual, and after taking Swiftwind out to go to the bathroom, started on lunch for the crew. the smell of food had woken up Glimmer who settled down on one of the barstools and keeping Catra company as she finishes up lunch. As she puts a plate in front of Glimmer, Bow stumbles out of the guest room, woken up by the smell of Lunch. "good afternoon sleepyhead, thought you would sleep longer." Catra said, turning to make a plate for the man as he plopped into a seat beside Glimmer. Glimmer leaned over and kissed his forehead softly chuckling softly as he immediately dug in. Catra chatted with the couple until the unsteady footfalls had her looking up.

Adora was, like Bow, still half asleep as she md her way to the small group. "hey morning Adora! well afternoon but still!" Glimmer stated, feeling much more energized with coffee and food in her system. Adora didn't seem to share the same enthusiasm, instead mumbling a soft good morning in between a yawn before promptly laying her head on the counter. Bow and Glimmer laughed softly, as Catra rolled her eyes, remembering Adora use to do the same thing in High School, and smiled softly knowing a part of her girlfriend never left her. "do you want some Coffee honey? will help you wake up more?" Adora just nodded once, lifting her head to respond to a teasing Jab from Bow, earning her more laughter from Glimmer and a fake offended gasp from Bow himself. Adora just chuckled softly patting Swiftwinds head as he nudged her for pets. 

"we gotta head home soon, but we should definitely do dinner or something!" Catra shakes her head putting a cup in front of Adora as she playfully glares at Glimmer. "you act like we haven't just came back from a camping trip Glim." "we gotta make up for lost time with Adora though!" Glimmer said in defense, looking between the two girls who shared amused looks. "And we will, maybe lets relax after the trip okay." Glimmer sighs dramatically, with a 'fineeeeeeeee' getting the others to laugh. "cmon Glim, lets head out, and get home ourselves." they said goodbye to them and walked them out of the apartment before locking the door. 

Adora sighs and sits don on the couch, turning on the tv, and getting a facefull of dog as Swiftwind jumps up himself. "augh! Mister! offf or move you big mutt!" Adora pushed Swiftwind away slightly, laughing as Swiftwind laid down and rested his head on Adoras lap. Catra chuckled softly and sat down right beside her enjoying her girlfriends warmth, unaware of the threat creeping up on the two