Chapter 19

After the very first therapy appoint they headed to their favorite diner to pick up food before heading home. Adora was feeling really drained from the appoint so she had fallen asleep in the car ride home. she could hear Catra on the phone talking to who sounded like Glimmer as she dozed. she smiled gently loving the voice of her girlfriend and reached over to take her hand, feeling her girlfriend squeeze it back. when they had reached the Apartment parking lot she felt the car roll to a stop. opening her eyes and stretching out she turned to Catra.

"hey love, was worried i would need to carry you in haha." Adora just shook her head chuckling as she opened the door and grabbing the food waiting for Ctara before heading into the lobby. which was way more quiet than usual, putting Adora on edge as she followed her girlfriend to the elevator and rode it up to their floor. "oh hey heard you on the phone.. who where you talking too?"

"yep, was solidifying some plans we made yesterday, do you remember?" catra titled her head as they came up to their door, starting to dig in her pockets for her keys as adora squinted her eyes, trying to remember. "oh yea! we were gonna go to the beach tomorrow right? with bow and glimmer?" catra nods as she pulls the key from her pocket and unlocks the door. "we need to get you your own key babe.. but yep, they will be coming over after their own dinner, that way we can all just hope into the car and leave in the morning, so make sure your ready okay?" adora nods ducking her hea sightly. when the door was unlocked and opened she headed n and disappeared into the shower, where the sound of water reached Catra.

she chuckled softly and started to set the table when the doorbell went. confused since Glimmer and Bow wouldve texted her or let themselves in, Catra turned and looked through her peephole to see a tall guy with a rottweiler at her dor. right behind him were to police officers who looked like they hd better things to do. catra took a deep breathe then opens the door. "good evenings officers, what can i help you with?" she butted in before the guy could say a word, instead focusing fully on the police officers behind him. "this gentlmn says you are harboring a dangerous homeless and her mutt in your apartment. we just came to check it out. may we see inside?" catra moved to block the door as she heard the water stop.

the police eyebrows rose slighty as she moved to block the door. "ma'am? move from the door please. " "there is no need sirs, theres no dangerous homeless in my house. its only me, my girlfriend and our dog." Adora chose that moment to come back out, thankfully fully clothed, though her prosthitc was in full vision and swiftwind moved up to her happily. "there! thats the stupid mutt that attacked my dog! and the dangerous homeless!" the police gave a sharp look to catra and moved her away from the door stepping inside and towards Adora. She froze hearing them and started to panic slightly as swiftwind growled softly. while one grabbed his collar and started hauling the pup away, his claws scraping scratches into the floor as his whimpers and whines mixed with adoras soft whimpers as the police roughly grabbed her arm.

"you are under arrest for attacking and causing trouble in the dog park. you have the right to emain sil-" everything else he said was lost to adora as she strugled to get free, muttering and struggling against the police officers grip. "wai-wait! no! h-he siked his-" Catra watched stunned for a second before finally shaking free and rcing forward to stop the police officer. "woah! woah! wait she didnt do anything! the guy who told you i a hug liar and hates my girlfriend!" "do you have proof on this?" catra went silent tying to thnk before the info caught up. "the buildings have camreas! theres one facing the dog park outside!" the police officers looked at each other before looking at catra again. "you three stay here. we will go talk to the building manager and see the video footage." when they let go of adoras arm, she stumbled behind Catra, grabbing the back of her shirt. the other held Swiftwinds leash tightly keeping the dog by his side as they left.

when the officers left, the guy gave a slight worried experssion, causing Catra to smirk. she felt good that the guy was slightly worried bout gettin caught in his lie. they heard footsteps coming back and the guy straightened up, along with catra ready to fight to keep adora there if it was needed, when the voices of her friends reached them. "wonder why there were two police cars outside this building..." glimmers voice rang out and adora perked up from behind her. "who knows.. hopefully Catra and adora are go-... what the heck..?" Catra saw her freinds and smiled, motioning them inside as the guy just glared. Adora stepped from behind catra and went to greet her friends, keeping a good distance between her and the guy. "he-hey guys.." Glimmer wrapped adora into a hug, seeing the tear tracks on adoras cheeks and scared experssion. "what in the world is going on here...? Bow said glancing between Catra, adora and the guy.

"your friend is habroning a dangerous mutt and homeless scum in her apartment. i did the only good thing and getting her taken away." "waoh what? Adora isnt homeless scum and Swiftwind wouldnt attack, unless provoked..?" "wai a second... you must the the dude who chased her away from her first home, then attacked at the dog park." "yes. becuase all those homeless scums need to be jailed. they are dangerous and are nothing but freeloaders." glimmer tightened her grip on her friend who let out a soft whimper. before she could respond the police officers came back. the one holding Swiftwind untyed him and watched the pup run up to his owner nudging her leg softly. the other walked up to the guy and grabbed his shoulder harshly. "im sorry about the mix-up miss... your claims had been confirmed and yu are free of any charge. you on the other hand are going to Jail for wasting police time and attacking unprovoked ." they handcuffed the guy and dragged him out, the group could still hear him trying to plead his ay out of the handcufs through the hallway.

the group let a colective sigh of relif when the voices stopped. Catra gently took adora back and hugged her tightly before leading her to the kitchen to get some water. Glimemr and Bow followed behind seething slightly. "wait that guy harrased her?" "yea, it was a couple days ago and he was a ass... adora do you stil want to go to the trip tomorrow?" at adoras nod catra smiled gent;y. "okay hon. why dont you go lay down for abit, ill be there right after i finish seting up glimmer and bow in the guest room okay?" Adora nodded and stood up, hugging glimmer and bow with a small smile before heading to catra's room, swiftwind following behind protectivly. catra helped her friends get seetled into the guest room before joinng Adora in her room. curling up beside her gilfriend she watched Adora sleep for a second, glad that adora was able to get to sleep.

before going to bed Catra wrapped her arms around her girlfriend gently and whispered into her back before lettin sleep claim her. "i will always protect you, i love you Adora"