Chapter 24

"a 30%? really Catra? i taught you better than this. anything below a 80 is failing. i thought i told you to study." "i di-" "obviously you didn't" "you watched me study day and ni-" a loud echoing slap responding across the quiet room. Catra withheld a soft whimper, as she brought a hand to her redding cheek. she blinked away the tears and looked up to her mother, who just glared down at her. "what have i told you about talking back catra? go to your room until you can behave yourself." catra just nodded, pulling her eyes down to the floor and sped-walked to her room trying to hold back her tears. she studied so hard for the math quiz, heck she even had glimmer and bow helping her so she could pass, but it didn't work. as soon as she reached her room she closed the door then leaned against it crying softly. her mother hated if she cried loud, said it distracted her and annoyed her, so Catra learned, with the help of a few beats, to cry quietly. amidst her soft whimpers she heard a soft tap on her window. her head titled and she pushed herself up from the door and to the window, to where Adora was gently tapping. she smiled softly and wiped away her tears, before pulling the window open. "adora? you shouldn't be here.. why are you here?" catra said whispering softly and helping adora climb through the window. "i came to check on you.. i know how your mom gets when you get a bad grade."she felt adora scan her face, and her eyebrows furrowed slightly when she spotted the red mark on her cheek. gently Adora led her to the messy bed and helped her lay down. "me and glimmer will help you get a better grade okay.. dont worry to much about your mom.. and dont listen to her she's just a stuck up ass.." catra chuckled softly at that and nodded. "thank you adora.." catra whispered before she slowly fell asleep, safe within the warmth of her friend.

it was pitch black outside, not even the moon brighten up her houses porch, only the light of the police car and policeman's flashlight. she knew that her mother was going to be pissed. she wasn't supposed to be out this late, and the fact that she was caught fighting would make it worse. she could feel the brn of the punches still on her shoulder and face, one eye closed though she could already feel the bruise. her stomach was still reeling in pain from the hard punch, and she was limping lightly as the police officer half walked, half dragged the young teen to the door. the tight grip kept her from wiggling away though she did try to move away when the police officer gave a hard knock to the door. it wasn't long before shadow weaver opened the door. her eyebrow half raised as she took in the police officer, before her eyes laid on Catra and narrowed. "hello officer... what did she do this time?" "we found her fighting in the schools parking lot. completely unprovoked." "thats not true! like i keep telling you she star-" "enough out of you kid. this happens again there will be serious consequences. this is the 10th time." shadow weaver nodded. "dont worry sir, this wont be happen again." th policeman nodded and let go of Catra before turning and heading back to his car. Catra watched him go with a glare before a hard grip gripped her jaw and yanking her to face shadow weaver. "you, disappointment of a child. what did i tell you?!" she yelled as Shadoweaver dragged her inside and slamming the door. turning to the cowering girl her face scrunched up with anger. Catra just glared back, refusing to back down from her glare, though knowing it wouldn't do anything but make it worse for herself. that night Catra didn't sleep at all, her entire body burning with slaps, and teary eyes and quiet cries.

her only friend within the house was DT. his mother worked for Shadow Weaver, so they were around each other a lot. they had quickly been known as Double Trouble, they got into so much trouble among each other, when Adora wasn't around Catra would be around DT. it was late one night but both teens were still awake. Catra had just finished explaining the red mark on her cheek, head down when the topic was brought up. "have you tried running away?" Catra glanced up at that confused. "Ran away? what would that do...?" "it would get you away from her abuse dummy.." catra perked up slightly at the mention of leaving. "wait that would be amazing... but what happens if she find me again.. and i dont even have a place.." they went queit thinking, before catra perked up. "adora! she aid im always allowed there? atleast for abit! i have money too and i can try to find a apartment. " DT nodded and started helping the other make a plan. catra had quickly called adora to ask, and she agreed without hesitation. after a few more hours of planning they had the plan ready. and before long Catra was finally out of the abuse that her mother gave her. after a few days staying with Adora she got a better job and got herself a apartment.