chapter 15

that night found adora and catra inthe bedroom, well catra was. Adora had stopped at the door. Swiftwind was right beside her, sensing her discomfort and fear. Catra had noticed that Adora was no longer following and stopped, turning to the door with a soft smile. "come here Adora, you are fine, i promise." Adora had yet to move, despite Catras words and seemed to be rooted to the spot, her eyes unfocused. Swiftwind nudged her knee softly as Catra move forward, gently putting her hands on Adoras shoulders. that seemed to finally snap her out of it and she jumped slightly. "h-huh?"

Catra looked at her with a look of gentle worry. "there you are babe... are you okay? i lost you there for a second." Adora gave a half smile at that and nodded her head. "i-im okay... i-im sorry.." Catra smiled and gently laid a hand on adoras cheek, siling bigger when Adora leaned into it. "you have absolutely Nothing to be sorry about okay? you have no reason to be sorry about a nervous reaction." AAdora nodded softly and leaned into Catra softly feeling Catras arms wrap around her gently. they had stayed there for a few minutes before Catra gently lead them to the bed. "do you want to lay down babe?" Adora nodded softly pulling away and sitting on the bed swiftly reaching to detach her leg.

The feeling of a soft bed, and warm sheets was making her body tingly and she didn't like it. the lamp on the bedside table was starting to make her eyes hurt, and her hearing was slowly going staticy. Catra had gotten on the bed, the other side of adora, and was rambling about something. Adora just nodded and laid down against the pillow, the fabrics of blankets and pillows scraping against her skin, making her feel itchy and overstimulated. Adora was thankful that Catra had not yet noticed something, was busy talking about something random. Swiftwind had noticed her distress and jumped on the bed and curling against her. she gasped softly as he did, before she started petting him softly and it helped calm her nerves slightly. finally the light was turned off and catra had rolled over, back facing Adora, and soon fell asleep.

Adora on the other hand was still awake trying to shut her brain down so she could, but the feeling of the fabric and breathing was starting to make it worse. her breathing picked up lightly, and with it a slight whimper escaped though she immediately tried smothering any more sounds. without waking catra she got up, reaching for her prosthetic ,and headed back out to the living room and curled up on the couch. swiftwind had followed and curled up beside her again. she started petting him again softly before slowly falling asleep herself, more used to the roughness and stiffness of the couch unaware of the person in the shadows watching sadly, not at the fact she was no longer in the bed, but was used to the hardened couch.

Catra had woken up the second she heard a soft whimper, though stayed asleep to see what adora was doing. as soon as she heard the door open and swiftwind following, catra got up herself. she watched from the doorway as adora settled into the couch with sad eyes. softly stepping forward she sat on the floor, gently taking adoras hand, Swiftwind lifting his head to see what was gong on before huffing and putting his head back down. Adora muttered something into swiftwind fur but didn't wake up. atra smiled softly before settling herself on the floor, refusing to let go of adoras hand and fell right back to sleep with the sound of Adoras soft breathing.

the next morning Catra ad woken up with a stiff butt and back. she yanwed softly and rubbed her eyes with her free hand before studying Adora, immdielt catchin something off about her girlfriend. her forehead was scrunched with alittle sweat along the top. her cheeks were slightly flushed and her breathing shallow and shaky. Catra reached nd gently touched the back of her hand to adoras forehead hissing at the heat radiatin off her girlfriend. suddenly worried Catra had genty gotten up, carefully removing her hand from Adoras nd gently picking her up. carrying her girlfriend to her bedroom worried Catra as she could feel the amount of hea coming off of her.

putting Adora on the bed she left and got a glass of water and something easy for Adoras stomach to handle, praying it was a simple flu. putting the things on he bedside table Catra checked the time and groaned. she had to get to work, but didnt want to leave her girlfriend when she was like this. she was worried on the fact that her girlfriend was sick. decding she quickly called up Scoripa, as she was off and uckly told her about the situation and asked if she was able to watch over her girlfriend. Scorpia happily agreed, willing to help out her friends. As oon as Scrpia got there, Catra had thnked her then left claming she was late. Scoripa smiled and watched her leave before walking to the room to check on Adora.

she was sitting up and slowly munching the toast her eyes unfocused and body movements stiff. she hadnt even noticed the figure standing there until scorpa ha cleared her throat. "u-uh...? Scop-scorpia?" she smiled and nodded. "hey dora, was old y ctra to watch over you since you wernt feling to good." adora shook her head slowly. "i-im fine.. she just worries to much." scorpia had moved furhter into the room and sat on the bed at Adoras feet. "well you kow she loves you very much.. of course she would worry. you feeling okay though?" adroa nodded again finihsing the toast and drank some water. "i-i panicked to much and ma-made myself sick.. i-im-" "nope. dont you complete that sentence adora. it is not your fault okay? please dont say your sorry." adora just sat stunned and a flash of fear on her face, which made Scrpia backtrack worried. "im sorry i dodnt mean to yell, im just worried about you, we all were especially since you ddint write or even call..."

adora just gently leaned into her friend falling bak asleep, with the comfort of a friend.