Chapter 4: Helping Hand

Adora just let herself be lead through the crowds, her sickness getting the better of her and also being in the presence of a old friend. she didn't recognize the way, nor memorized it, as Catra led her to a tall building. she could faintly hear catra explain that she lived at the 5th floor, and the elevator isn't working so they had to do the stairs. she just gave a soft huff in agreement and let Catra lead them to the stairs.

the first couple flights where fine, but by the third and fourth her leg was sending sharp pains into her system, and by the 5th floor, her leg gave out. Catra grunted but did not complain at being pulled down by Adoras weight and gently set her down. "he you okay..? wait is it the leg? must be... okay we are almost to my apartment... do you think you can last a few more steps?" Adroa grunted softly but nodded, pulling herself up with the help of Catra.

She just barely made it to the door, then Catras couch before her leg gave out. She luckily landed on the couch and gave a soft whimper as her head shot pain through her system. her leg wasn't much better and was sending blinding hot pain through her system. she could just hear catra over the pain, and only nodded to her words. when she felt hands removing her stup she panicked and pulled her leg away.

"woah! its okay! I just wanted to help but i wont touch! do you want to do it instead?" After finding out it was just Catra she relaxed and nodded her head bending and hastily untighten the prosthetic and removing it along with her linings. the skin underneath was rubbed raw and had bruises, and angry looking marks all over. Her energy then left her and she flopped to the side on the couch, her eyes slipping shut as the fever took over, but also relief that she was finally safe.

Catra launched forward catching her friend and helping her gently lay down. Disappearing into the guest room she grabbed a pillow and spare blanket and put the pillow underneath Adora's head, and putting the blanket aside. She grabbed her first Aid kit from the kitchen and returning to her side to start treating Adoras stump, using disinfecting and wrapping the entire things in bandages to let it heal. throwing the blanket gently over her friend, she let her rest.

Disappearing into the kitchen with the kit, she put it away before leaning against the Counter, her mind in a whirl. her old friend since childhood, had left for the Air force 6 years ago. she had not kept in contact with Adora, half because they both were busy, but Catra was upset that Adora left her. but she was back, 6 almost 7 years later, missing half a leg, and roughed up and sick. finding her in that Alley was surprising, figuring she would be at her parents if she was home, but something must've happened if she was not. Catra made a mental note to ask Adora why she was in the alley, and to schedule Adora a doctors appointment for her stup.

pushing off the counter, Catra started flitting around the kitchen making a early lunch for the two of them as she texted back and forth with Glimmer and Bow, who despite having major differences with, she had become close friends with. she told them about adora being back and they seemed eager to come over and greet her. Ctara shut that down however since 1. Adora was sick, and 2. probably wasn't up to seeing her friends just yet. she had just finished lunch when a soft groan turned her attention to her living room., where a unexpected guest, though not unwelcomed, was awoken by the smell of food.