Chapter nine

I am waiting for my parents to pick me up and I am so stressed. I am slightly shaking from the hands and I can feel some sweat on my forehead. My sister is next to me, waiting for our parents as well and she notices how much I am.

-Pochemu ty v stresse, kak etot brat? chto-to sluchilos'?
(Why are you stressed like this brother? Did something happen?)

I keep staring at the wall and says:

-Moy uchitel' matematiki khochet vstretit'sya s mamoy, papoy i mnoy
(My math teacher wants to have a meeting with mom, dad and I)

Her eyes are expanding and she is opening her mouth wide open.

-Chto ty sdelal???
(What did you do???)

-Chto-nibud'.
(Something.)

-Chto?
(What?)

I am getting kind of annoyed and reply:

-YA mnogo raz spal na urokakh i provalil neskol'ko ekzamenov. Vot i vse.
(I slept many times in class and failed some exams. That's all.)

-Udachi s papoy...
(Good luck with dad...)

I am choosing to be silent and add:

-imenno poetomu ya napryagayus'.
(This is exactly why I am stressed.)

We are seeing a black car and our parents in it. My sister is looking at me with fear in her eyes. She knows how much trouble I'll be in.

-Oni tam.
(They are there.)

I am removing the sweat that I am having on my forehead with my wrist and walk towards the car behind my sister. As we are both entering in the back seats, my mom is smiling at us and asking about our day. My sister seemed to have a great day, and put her headphones on to listen to music.I answered that mine was good, even though I am not sure about that. My mom is not dumb, she knows that I am madly stressed. She then stretches her arm towards me so she can hold my hand, to reassure me. I tempt to put my AirPods on to avoid talking about the meeting but she doesn't let me.

-My poluchili pis'mo ot vashego uchitelya Alekseya... My sobirayemsya vstretit'sya s nim segodnya vecherom, cherez Internet v 19:00.
(We received a mail from your teacher, Alexei... We are going to meet him tonight, via the Internet at 7 pm.)

I am looking at her eyes, that are looking at me through the rear view mirror. She is always wearing her eyeliner and some light eye shadows. It looks perfect on my mom.

-Khorosho
(Okay)

My dad is mad, and I know that. That is why he is not talking. He is silently driving and my mom is adding that one sentence that makes me want to explode.

-YA ne sobirayus' byt' s toboy tem vremenem, mne ochen' zhal', dorogoy. YA idu v restoran s drugom, kotorogo ne videl mnogo let, i nedavno my zabronirovali stolik v restorane.
(I'm not going to be with you in the meantime, I'm so sorry, dear. I'm going to a restaurant with a friend whom I haven't seen in years and we recently made a reservation at the restaurant.)

Seriously??? So I'll be alone with my dad??? I want to beg her to be with me during the meeting so badly, but I am not a baby anymore. I have to accept it. I'll know that if ever my dad yells at me she would be there, making him stop. But it won't be the case,so I'll have to deal with his yells, or worse...

-No ya sproshu u Andreya, chto repetitor skazal yemu o tvoyem povedenii...
(But I'll ask Andrei what the tutor told him about your behavior...)

-YA ponimayu, mama.
(I understand, mom.)

We are heading home in a few minutes and I am watching the window very nervously. I don't want to have this stupid meeting, especially not with my dad.
I know that I haven't been on my best behavior lately, but I am literally risking my relationship with my dad. Already that we are not the biggest bestfriends on earth...