Chapter twenty five

"Wait, you had a girlfriend and she cheated on you for being with your close friend?!" Mathias is exclaiming, probably not knowing I had a girlfriend before.

"Yeah", I look at the ceiling, crossing my arms and having a headache due to my crying.

"I'm so so sorry dude... You look like you have been dealing with a lot of things. It's really sad to see you becoming destroyed day after day" One of the boys says, hugging me.

"Yeah, we are here for you, even if you aren't so present anymore." An other say, sitting on the couch.

"Thank you guys. I'm sorry, I admit I have been distant."

"Well it's okay, and sorry for your other friends as well, they have been such assholes for joining Félix and his robots. They have been so mean to you."

"Well listen, I'm just not going to trust people anymore. They are all backstabbers after all",I scoff.

"Try to seek the positive in your life. If you don't it's sure you'll keep on feeling like that", Mathias says.

"Oh yea, easy to say buddy", my other friend talk back to him, defending me.

He is becoming silent, and all the boys are staring at me, tearing up. I hate this. Why did I come, already?

"Alexei, your ex is a hoe. Do you think she'll really have a long term relationship with Marc Antoine after what she did to you? If she did this to you, she'll do it to every boys she sees", Anthony, the most mature friend of the group, tells me.

"Was that supposed to make me feel better?" I sarcastically smile, my mouth wet because of my tears.

The boys don't really know what to do, and I understand. Those situations are kind of uncomfortable.

"Anyway, I got something that could make you feel better, and trust me it's super efficient," Mathias says, enthusiastically, running upstairs.

I am waiting, confused, and looking at the grey carpet, avoiding my friend's eyes. Her face is still in my mind, and so are her words. The "I love you" she got out of her mouth when she fell from the swing, the smiles she gave to me, her smell. Maybe she didn't really mean it, the "I love you."

One of my friend is stroking my shoulder, but I am moving to my left. I am hiding my face with my withe shirt and I know that, by the end of the day, we will be able to see my fair skin behind it.

"There I am!" Mathias is running downstairs to join us.

My friends are gasping, and he is smirking, proudly. His hands are holding shining, transparents glass bottles. Bottles that are catching my attention. Bottles that I want to chug. Bottles that I know will make me forget my problems, maybe.

"Alexei, try these. You'll feel so good."