Chapter twenty six

Alcohol, it is.
"I took it from my parent's cabinet", he is smirking.

"But Mathias, they are going to notice it, are you dumb?" My friends are saying, panicking.

"Woah, I'm smarter than this. I'm just going to replace the liquid in the bottle with water", says Mathias.

"I don't think this is a good idea dude..." Anthony hesitate.

"Alexei, do you want these, or not?" He approaches the bottles, trying to hypnotize me with these.

If Émile would be there, he would beg me to not, because I'm not allowed to drink because of my medication. God would not want me to do that either.

"I don't know, Mathias... I shouldn't..." I try to resist.

"Come on. Please, you'll forget about this girl for at least one night. Once is not a big deal..." He tries to convince me.

My friends are waiting for my answer, worried.

"Okay, give me that", I say, taking his Whiskey out of his hands.

Mathias seems proud of me, and he drinking with me. The rest of the boys don't want to be left out so they are joining us.

I love the feeling, the powerful sensation that the drink gives me. How it's slightly burning my throat, how it will make me forget about my problems. The sweet and surprising taste of it and the smell is making me fall for it more. The sin is accumulating in my body, but I know that I don't deserve this world anyway.

"Calm down Alexei, calm down", my friends are trying to take away the bottle, but I am pushing them.

"No!" I keep on drinking, as if there are only minutes left in my life.

"That's my boy!" My friend is cheering me, jumping.

This world has no meaning. Not anymore. Why am I still there? Why all of this happened to me? Why do love hurts so much?

My friends are drinking a little bit, sip by sip. My tears are still falling, and my finger tips are cold. I don't care, if drinking will make me forget about this girl, I will drink fifty bottles if I can. Mathias is putting loud music to add some vibes, and it's still sunny outside, even if for me it's cloudy and depressing.

It takes a good half and an hour to feel alcohol effects. It's so weird. My vision is messed up, and when I'm walking it's as if I would be on a tiny boat while there are huge waves, trying to not fall on the salty and deadly sea.

"Alexei, you should maybe take a break. Seriously, you're going to die", Mathias is telling me, holding my both shoulders. I am not thinking straight, either hearing so well.

"What?" I reply to him, loudly.

"You are drunk, buddy. You are drunk."

"I'm ain't... Drunk!" I start laughing, laughing so much I can't breathe. "I'm not drunk-You! You invent things", I then take his cheeks and squeeze them.

"Let's... Play a game and put the alcohol back!" Anthony says, grabbing the bottles that was on the messy table.

"No! No! No! No!" I crawl and hold my friend's ankles to make him fall and take the alcohol back.

"What are you doing? No, I am not giving it back to you!" He is jumping to get out of my hands.

"Betrayer! Ugh! Backstabber!" I scream.

Anthony does not talk back. I'm being surrounded by my five friends, and they all look focused on me. Mathias, Anthony, Arthur, Charles and Eduard, all eyes on me.