Chapter ten

I am waking up, in my mom's arms, wrapped in a towel and slowly opening my eyes.

"Mama?"
"Mom?"

I am still on the floor, wet from the water and feel stupid. My mom surely saw the burnings on my thighs. And my body has many huge red marks. Why didn't I think about it before???

"Moy angel!Ty v poryadke???"
"My angel! Are you okay???" she asks me with a shaky voice, looking dead happy to see me waking up.

I still struggle to be fully recovered and I try to answer her, but I suddenly vomit on the cold floor. My mom then fastly leads me to the toilet and caresses my back, talking to me in a soft voice.

"Dyshi moy zaychik... Dyshi"
"Breath my bunny... Breath", she is ordering me because I obviously do not take time to breathe before throwing up again.

Gosh, it feels awful. It takes one or two minutes before I stop throwing up and my mom still looks very worried. I am kind of embarrassed that she saw me naked... But she is my mom, she doesn't care.

"Tebe luchshe, solnyshko?"
"Are you feeling better, sunshine?", she asks slowly after I get to breathe a little bit.

"YA ne znayu, mama... YA vse yeshche chuvstvuyu sebya ochen' stranno..."
"I don't know mom...I still feel very strange...", I am saying while struggling to talk normally.

"Ostan'sya so mnoy, Aleksey, khorosho? I ya vyzvala skoruyu. Oni dolzhny pribyt' cherez minutu k drugomu."
"Stay with me, Alexei, okay? And I called an ambulance. They should arrive in a minute to another", is reassuring my mom, now caressing my hair.

We are both staying in the bathroom, still sitting and waiting for the ambulance. I am laying on my mom all of a sudden because I feel like my body is still too weak to stand up by itself. My mom looks reassured to see me conscious and breathing. "Aleksey, ya svyazhus' s vashim semeynym vrachom. Ty menya ochen' bespokoish', dorogaya."" And Alexei, I will contact your family doctor. You worry me a lot, dear.",says my mother who still seems often worried for me.

I mean, I will finally know what is going on with me. It's good news. My dad will probably tell her that it won't be necessary, but knowing my mom she will do it anyway, for me.

"Khorosho"
"Okay"

I think she'll talk about my thigh to the doctor too. And I really don't want this. My mom is cleaning up my vomit and the ambulances arrive after a couple of minutes. They are coming into our house and my mom runs to see them.

"Thank you so much for coming!", my mom tells the ambulance men.

"We hope we arrived on time. Does your son seem to feel better?", ask those men to my mom.

"He regained consciousness. But when he woke up he threw up..."

I hear them mumbling from the house entrance and I am in the bathroom, dealing with a huge headache. I still feel awful. The ambulance men are coming into the bathroom very quickly and I am laying against the wall, sitting. "Hello, buddy. Are you feeling okay? Do you see me well?" is asking the ambulance man.

"Uh yeah, I see you well..."

The men are laying me down on a bed and trying many things on me, to check my blood pressure and heart rate. My mom is asking some questions to them and still seems concerned about what happened to me.
"Miss Pacaroskova, how did all of this happen?" is asking one of the men to my mom while they keep on testing me.

"My son just got out of his shower, and I heard him falling very roughly on the floor. Right after I took off my coat.", responds my mom.

"If it can reassure you, miss, it seems like your son only has an ecchymose on the side of his arm. Nothing more."