【5】

"Lia..." She started, already so incredibly scared. She fears she already knows the outcome of this. "Why do you call me oppa all the time?"

"What do you mean? Isn't that what I'd call you? Oh- are you younger than me? Or the same year? How old are you?"

"I'm 22."

"Oh, I'm 21."

"That's not what I mean though, Lia..." Yeji winced in her head, knowing she had to ask directly. "What gender do you think I am?"

Immediately, Lia was genuinely confused, she chuckled a bit as she asked what Yeji meant. "What do you mean? Aren't you a man?"

Yeji closed her eyes and let out a small, devastated breath. It's exactly how she thought it was. Pressing her lips together, she quickly gathered herself. "No. Lia, I'm a woman. Always have been, always will be. Did you really think I was a man this whole time?"

"I..." Lia was speechless. "I... am I being punked? Is this a prank? Cuz that's not funny!"

"No, Lia, I'm serious. I have ovaries, tits, and a vagina." Yeji deadpanned.

"No..."

"Yes.

"No.

"Yes."

"But I'm straight. How did I not know? You've got to be joking, Yeji. Right? Please."

"I'm not, I could literally lift my shirt and show you my boobs right now." Yeji chuckled, "I'm a woman, I'm a lesbian woman."

Unable to find other words, and refusing to believe this news and that Felix was right, Lia only said, "Show me."

"What?"

"Your boobs. Th-there's no way..."

Yeji smiled shyly and lifted her shirt to reveal the bra and boobs she had underneath. Her boobs weren't very big, but she wasn't flat. Her loose clothing just made her look flat all the time.

Lia's just slightly parted, her breath getting stuck in her throat.

"This whole time, you were a woman?"

Yeji put her shirt back down, afraid to ask the question. "Do you still want to be with me now that you know?"

Lia thought back to every moment they had. They way Yeji made her feel, and now she was just confused.

"I'm so confused, I'm sorry." Lia whispered.

All the pleasure Yeji gave her, the joy, the happiness, the appraisal, all the positive ways that Yeji changed her life... but she's a woman.

"I know it's a lot to take in. I didn't even realize until you called me your boyfriend this morning."

Lia stared at Yeji again and it was clearer than day. Yeji is a woman. Her slim face and feline eyes. Her gentle lips and natural highlight. Her hands are veiny, but they are slim and slender, like that of a woman. Yes, she is tall, but her figure was still narrow. Muscular for a woman, but still slender. Lia felt like a fool, she felt stupid, and she was embarrassed beyond anything else.

"God, I'm so stupid. I'm sorry. I've made a fool of myself. Um..." Lia teared up, not knowing what to do.

"You're not stupid, Lia."

Her heart couldn't take this right now, she was so excited for this relationship, but now she doesn't know if she still feels the same knowing that Yeji is a woman. "I'm sorry, Yeji."

"No?"

"No... I don't think so. I'm straight. I'm sure... I- I'm sorry. You're a great woman, um..." she held in her tears, honestly unaware of why she was so emotional about this. "But I don't think I'm the one. I'm really sorry, I hate hurting you. I hate hurting people-"