【20】

"What kind of shit show is this?" Munyeong grumbled to herself, noticing that the couple came over in their swimsuits and began putting their belongings on pool chairs next to the ones they planned to sit in.

The woman huffed and continued swimming as if she wasn't fazed.

"I haven't gone for a tan in literally yearsss." Lia started, sitting with Yeji on her pool chair to apply another layer of sunscreen. Call them paranoid but you will not catch them with skin cancer.

"Really? You don't like it?" Yeji questioned, closing her eyes, finding the way Lia's hands moved upon her skin graceful and relaxing.

"Not that I don't like it. Just once I got into college I went into my 'loving my natural pale skin tone' era and I didn't have time for it. I honestly didn't really see a point either since a tan never actually stays."

"I understand that. I've never tanned. I always thought that my natural skin tone was nice. I like the little bit of coffee I have in my skin. It's kind of weird... people from Korea usually try to make themselves whiter and here we are trying to make ourselves darker."

They chuckled together, Lia ran her fingers down that line on Yeji's back and her back dimples. She's never seen another person with back dimples, she's heard of them, but she doesn't have them, and she honestly thought men just made it up to sexualize women even more. She made sure to hover a bit lighter over the fading bruises on Yeji's skin, she was still in disbelief that Yeji risked getting beaten to death for her.

"I love your skin tone, just a little darker than mine. Did you get it from your dad? He was pretty dark. And I'm guessing your brother got his paleness from your mom?"

"Yup, you got it on the button..." Yeji sighed, it was like Lia was also giving her a free message, it felt amazing. Probably just to piss Munyeong off.

"You know, I always found the South Korean beauty standards so weird, especially the skin color thing."

"Me too. You can't imagine how many times I caught online photos of me from the paparazzi completely whitewashed. I only get photographed when I'm with my mom and matches, but they just snow filter the fuck out of those pictures. I don't even look human. I look scareh..." Yeji's voice faded away as Lia surprised her by rubbing her thighs from the back. It came out as a moan on accident. "Whoops." Yeji tried not to laugh, but Lia burst out cackling.

"Remind me to keep my intrusive thoughts as thoughts."

"I'll try. Ok, turn your cute ass around, my turn."

"Nuh-uh! I need to do your front side!"

"Oh yeah. Fuck, baby, you have me all flustered, touching me like that with your mom right there eyeing us like a hawk every time she surfaces from the damn water."

Yeji laid down fuller on the pool chair, her sunglasses shielding her eyes. Lia straddled her, also blocking the sun from her eyes and Yeji liked this view so much better.

"Ooo, don't mind if I do. Damn! I didn't see all this cake on the menu." Yeji laughed to herself at her stupid joke, putting her hands on Lia's thighs and then gliding them up her sides with satisfaction, stopping at her ass to squeeze and then again at her breasts to squeeze too. They were faced away from Munyeong so why not?

"Ah- it tickles!" Lia shrieked as Yeji's fingers tickled her sides, but as she laughed, she squeezed the bottle and accidentally shot a bunch of it out onto Yeji's stomach, splattering up to her face too. "Whoops."

Yeji held a look of disgust on her face as she tried spitting out the sour sunscreen from her mouth, at least it didn't get in her eyes. "How did I not see that coming? And I  thought  you  weren't  ticklish?" She sighed, laughing with Lia once she burst out in laughter.