【10】

"Ok, you look like you're about to pull out all of your hair..." Ryujin noted as soon as she opened her apartment door to Lia, who stated by text beforehand that she had a major problem.

"I am! Gah! Damn it all!" Lia invited herself in and threw herself down onto the living room sofa.

"What the hell is wrong? Should I whip out the tequila?" Ryujin sat down by her and Lia laid her head on her lap.

"No...I have class tomorrow early and I can't risk being hungover for it. But my mom texted me about the thing."

"No... not the thing!"

"The thing! I completely forgot about it. I don't even want to spend fall break over there, but I agreed to it last Christmas... And now she wants me to bring the dude I was with at the time because I didn't ever tell her that we broke up literally as soon as we got back from that trip."

"You mean Bruce? Oh my god I forgot all about him, weren't you guys together for like two weeks?"

"Yep, and I never told her that we broke up. Now she's "looking forward to seeing him again!"" Lia groaned, "What am I gonna do! I can't just bring my girlfriend home to my violently homophobic parents."

"Well, you thought Yeji was a dude, maybe your parents will be the same."

"Not you still being on that... I'm being serious, Ryu. What do I do? And I don't want Yeji to pretend to be a dude, I don't like lying."

"Ok, ok... just don't bring her or just don't go."

"Either way I'll have to explain that Bruce and I are history."

"... what's the worst of what can happen if you were to tell them about Yeji?"

"About Yeji? Force me into conversation camp."

"No joking around!"

"I'm not joking."

"But you're an adult, they can't force you..."

"They have money, they can do whatever they want in this country."

"... Bring Yeji and convince them, I will come with and I'll see if Yuna, Chae, or Felix can also go and we will all back you up and protect you."

"I guess I'd feel better if you guys were there...It's two weeks from now, isn't it too short notice?"

"I'll tell them all right now, don't you worry, Lovelia. We all have you, you will not be shipped off to conversation camp! I will hijack the whole operation if I have to!"

"Thanks."

Lia parents were pretty old fashioned, they were taught as children to not accept the gay community and they have strictly stayed with that their whole lives. And they claim that they love Lia unconditionally, but did they? It'd be put to the absolute test during Fall break.

She thought about telling her mom over text first just to prepare her, and that's what she did.

Eomma

Eomma.

I have to tell you something about Bruce.

What is it, honey?

Did he propose?! You need to call me about these things!

No, Eomma...

Bruce and I broke up a long time ago

But I found someone new and they make me the happiest