【Epilogue】

Could Lia ever get tired of waking up next to Yeji, the answer was no. Every morning, it was like she was seeing her for the first time. In all of her beauty. Lia's heart would flutter when Yeji would tell her the same things.

With Onyx asleep peacefully on the bed, Lia quickly checked if he was alive. He is now such an old dog; the family is afraid any day may be his last. He's done so much for this family, though.

Once confirming that Onyx was indeed still alive, she looked back at Yeji, smiling at how happy she was and how lucky she felt that she got to wake up every day like this. Yeji always wakes up later because she's a late sleeper.

But Yeji gets to admire Lia as she sleeps as well. Lia does it in the morning and Yeji does it at night. Neither of them really knew that the other did it too. It was just silent admiration and gratitude.

And in a second, the blissful morning turned into chaos as two little kids and a teenager came into the room. The two little kids, Soojin; 10; Lia's via sperm donor, and Blake; 11; adopted (born in Saskatchewan, Canada), came into the room full of energy, jumping onto the bed and nagging their moms.

"IT'S CHRISTMAS! IT'S CHRISTMAS! WE HAVE TO OPEN THE PRESENTS! COME ON! COME ON!" They shouted together, their moms laughing at their excitement.

"They did the same thing to me; I locked my door but they still somehow got in??" The moody teen, Luna; 17; adopted (born in Mexico City, Mexico), said groggily.

"Me too! How do they keep doin' that?" Syrone, the other moody teen; 16; adopted (born in Cairo, Egypt, raised in the states), whined, scratching the back of his head.

"Hey... what did mommy say about picking the locks around the house?" Yeji scolded playfully, hugging Soojin tightly, while Lia hugged Blake.

"Only for emergencies! But it's Christmas! That's an emergency!" Soojin cutely defended herself and her partner in crime.

"Not that kind of emergency, gwiyeomi (cutie)." Yeji giggled.

"Well, we better get downstairs and open those gifts!" Lia said, getting everyone including Onyx off of the bed.

"Yes!" Luna ran downstairs, racing all of her other siblings for the comfiest spot on the big couch in the living room, but Syrone beat her to it.

"Sorry sissy, you too slow to keep up with all this." He flexed his muscles, making Luna roll her eyes. Everyone at their charter school went crazy for him, they went crazy for her too, but he was more popular somehow.

Truth is, Luna is devastatingly beautiful. And she could have a boyfriend if her parents weren't so damn picky about who she brings home. And Syrone is just as attractive and handsome, he actually has a boyfriend and is really happy with him. And he's happy that he found a family that finally accepted his bisexuality. He had been kicked out of his first home because of it and tossed around until the Hwangs finally found him and gave him a forever home.

"All what? That bad breath?" Luna swished her hand by her nose.

"Me? Nah, I brushed my teeth before I even left my room."

"Awww, Luna and Syrone always win that spot! Unfair." Blake rolled his eyes, coming down last with Soojin.

"Well, that's why on the weekends, you guys always get a head start." Yeji reasoned, following behind them with Onyx and their other dog, a lab named Goofy, name by Soojin when she was 3.

Soojin was conceived by a sperm donor, Lia was pregnant with her and had her naturally. She came in exactly on time at 5.26 pounds, February 11th at 7:21 in the morning. Only after the painstaking 12 hours of labor of course.