【14】

Double Update: Part 1 of 2

"Lia??" Hyunjin shouted as soon as he and Lia's group of friends entered the waiting room at the hospital down the street from the university. Lia wasn't sitting alone, she was with Beverly, an honest to god sobbing mess. The room was empty aside from them, so she felt free to cry.

When seeing her friends, she burst up and let herself get swallowed in all of their hugs. "How did you guys find out?" She said through tears.

"I called Hyunjin." Beverly answered.

"Then I call Ryujin."

"Then I called everyone else, and we came as soon as we could. What the hell even happened? You guys were ganged up on?"

"Yeji shredded her opponent and they thought that she cheated, so as we left the venue, she confronted us and had a gang with her-" Lia began to explain, but a doctor came in to inform everyone.

"Are we all together?" He asked and everyone nodded. "Ok, the patient is fine, no severe injuries. Looks like whoever did this stopped right before a broken rib. She's still unconscious but the worst she has to wake up to are bruises and a sore jaw. However, I would say her ribs suffered the most, we may keep her another night because any sudden movement from her could lead to more damage."

"I know she's not awake yet, but can we please see her at least?" Hyunjin asked.

"Sure... what is everyone's relationship to Miss Hwang?"

"I'm her brother, this is her girlfriend, her manager, her best friend, and her friends."

"Ok, I can allow you all to see her, but I can only allow family through blood or law to stay overnight."

"I'll stay, keep you guys updated." Hyunjin quickly decided.

"Please call me as soon as she wakes up?" Lia asked of him and he quickly accepted.

Following the doctor to the room Yeji was in, Lia couldn't help but cry again. She hated seeing her fighter like this.

They were supposed to head back to the campus, have amazing celebratory sex and then fall asleep in each other's arms. That's what was supposed to happen. Ryujin comforted Lia with a hug.

"Do you guys know when she'll wake up?" Felix asked.

"Well, we didn't put her under anything, she's been out for a few hours already so pretty soon actually. And this is all that I can allow for all of you except the brother. So, if you'll please follow me out."

As they left, Hyunjin's phone went off, he answered immediately, "Hey mom...oh the hospital called you..." Lia looked back at Yeji, hoping she would wake up before they were out of sight, but she didn't.

"Lia," Felix spoke up as they walked out the hospital, "They told me that your tires got slashed, I can drive you back to the KKT house, I'm sure all your sisters are worried sick."

"Thank you, but I'm gonna go with Ryujin. I want to sleep in Yeji's bed tonight." Lia said, her voice frail. She hugged Yeji's things in her arms tighter and leaned her head on Ryujin's shoulder.

"We live in the same building." Ryujin briefly explained.

They all parted ways, heading back to their cars and Lia rode with Ryujin. When they arrived at the building, Ryujin walked Lia up to the loft door, hugging Lia one last time.

"Do you want me to come in with you? Or anything at all?' she asked the blonde.

Lia only shook her head, "I'm just gonna go to sleep, I'll probably spend all day with Yeji in the hospital tomorrow so don't expect me at lunch or at classes. I'll just Uber there, or the walk is about half an hour."