one

Loud chatters fill my ears as soon as I walk into the corridors of St

Loud chatters fill my ears as soon as I walk into the corridors of St. Xavier's College. Yet another day at college, yet another day full of nothingness. 

Ughh how can people be so energetic in the morning and talk this much? Doesn't their mouth get tired?

I roll my eyes and silently walk towards my locker as I accidently bump into numerous shoulders on my way due to the amount of students flooding in the hallway of the most prestigious college of Seoul. Here no one will say a sorry even if you fall down and get kicked like a lost puppy in the crowd. 

Huh as if someone cares... 

I am just lucky enough to not be like any other main character who is the center of attention as soon as they walk in their schools. It's either because they are popular or because they get bullied for being a studious kid or because they are poor. 

And as I said luckily I am neither of them. I belong to a good family which is neither too rich nor too poor. My parents love me and always want the best for me. They have no high expectations because yeah let's be honest, I am not that smart. I am just an average kid who manages to score well enough to satisfy them and be assured that I will do good in future. 

My life is simple. I come to college unnoticed, study, eat and go home unnoticed like a normal kid would do.

But yeah I also have my own struggles in life, just like now as I see that I forgot to bring my homework that I completed and very efficiently left on the study table.  wow. What a great start of the day! How do I always keep forgetting things?

Nevertheless I sigh and collect all the necessities for my first lecture and start to head towards my classroom. 

Better go in the classroom before the bell rings.

But then I see a handkerchief falling from the jacket of the person who was walking ahead of me. And as a good boy I am, I manage to pick up the handkerchief and swiftly run towards the person who was walking somehow fast. I mean from the person's back I could see he was built and seemed more like an athlete type. Maybe that's why...

"Excuse me!" I tap their shoulder hastily, already feeling out of breath. He stops and then I notice that we were already out of the crowdy hallways and now more near the classrooms. 

The person turns around and I was shocked. He looked... stunning... from his body to his handsome face he was totally well-proportioned. Why haven't I ever seen him in college before? 

He might be from another major.

"Yes?" His voice... oh so sweet yet so deep. He raises his eyebrows at me as I shamelessly stare at him. I snap out of whatever trance I was in and clear my throat. His lips form a small smile.

I guess he is used to people staring at him...

"Uh... y-you dropped your handkerchief there" I nervously lower my head and show him the piece of cloth in my hand. 

"Oh... thank you" He takes it from my hand and smiles. I smile back seeing his bunny like smile and just then I hear the bell ring. I widen my eyes as I remember how our teacher told us to be in class on time or else they will make us stand during the whole lecture. 

Without wasting anytime I turn around and run away from there towards my class, leaving a confused handsome bunny there. 

🤍🤍

"While writing an essay don't forget to always give a proper heading to your essay and-"

What was all that? Why was I literally so nervous and at loss of words when I saw that person?

But he was so handsome and his voice showed how humble he was. He seemed so sweet... I can literally listen to him all day and never get tired...

Goshh what am I even thinking! I have never thought of anyone like that! no! 

What's happeninggg to mee? Why is my heart beating like this? 

Am I getting a heart attack!? 

Noo! I am too young to die! 

"-ung! Kim Taehyung!" I hear my name being called loudly from none other that Park Jimin. My potential best friend who claims to be my platonic soulmate. He nudges me really hard to bring me back to earth that my arm lose its balance and then my head falls on the table, all in one shot. With the position I was in before Jimin nudged me it seemed like I was daydreaming intensely, which by the way is somewhat true...

"In what thoughts were you lost in!? The bell already rang, did you even notice?" I look around and see the students of my class heading out of the class for lunch. 

"Um... n-nothing... I...was just thinking about the um.. trip our college organized the next month...yeah... I am excited" I give him a toothy smile and see him eyeing me with suspicion but nevertheless nod to what I was saying. 

"But you were so into your thoughts that I wondered if you literally realized that you are an alien and went to some other planet, leaving your body here" Jimin teases me. I better not tell him about the episode that happened with me in the morning or else this spawn of Satan would not leave a single chance to tease me.

"Haha very funny, I think you should consider being a comedian after your studies get completed Jiminie" I sarcastically smile and pinch his chubby cheeks as we both leave the classroom and head towards the cafeteria. Jimin looks at me with the same look and says a "Really I also think so too" and then we both laugh seeing each others expressions.

This was the best thing about our friendship. For me calling someone my best friend was an important statement because of the amount of times I was left heartbroken just 'cause I had less friends. But Jimin really just came and practically adopted me. We really couldn't be mad at each other. I mean of course we teased each other a lot and fought over silly things but at the end of the day we were always there for each other. 

Soon we reach the cafeteria and get in the line for food. After helping ourselves with the serving we both find a suitable table to sit and eat. We both usually eat in silence with few talks here and there. As we practically just stick together the whole day some moments of comfortable silence like this are normal between us.

But this silence gets interrupted by voices of two girls who were sitting on the table behind us, obviously talking about anything and everything happening in the premises of our college. I chew on my rice as I hear one of the girls giggle and say,

"Somi do you know a new transfer student joined the college today... He is in our major and oh my gosh he is very handsome like a total Greek god!" 

"Really? I also heard some of the students of my class talking about some new student... It must be him. But how did he get admitted in the middle of academic year?" The supposedly Somi asks her friend and Taehyung unknowingly shifts all his attention to their conversation, eager to know about the new kid.

"Oh as much I have heard from others his father has got money and not only that but he is also very talented himself. From studies to music to sports, he excels in everything. So how could our college say no to such students?"

"Hmm you are right... What's his name by the way?"

"Jeon Jeongguk" Taehyung hears.

Jeongguk

---------------------------

Do vote and comment if you liked the chapter💗
~Momo💜