five

The moment I saw him, I knew his mere presence around me would bring out emotions I never experienced

The moment I saw him, I knew his mere presence around me would bring out emotions I never experienced... After that day, Yoongi and Jimin started hanging out a bit more which led to more interactions between me and him. But all we talked about was general things like studies with just few words exchanged between us. I somehow felt like I was at fault in this. It was always me who seemed the quiet one in our short conversations. 

I always tried so hard to not look like I was trying to get to know him a bit more, which made me seem like I had my guard up... He was a free spirited person, a fresh wind who made everyone around him admire him instantly while I was just another house of cards he affected every time he came near. 

But was I complaining? No... As I said I was experiencing a whole new set of emotions. One of which was excitement... Excitement of seeing him everyday... even if we didn't talk, one look of him only made me content. 

Just like now as I entered into the college and made my way towards my locker, it was still quiet early and I knew Jimin might have not yet come... I start to get my belongings with earphones plugged in my ears, making me escape from the ruckus happening in my surroundings. 

(Electric touch by Taylor Swift feat. Fall out boy)

All I know is this could either break my heart or bring it back to life~

Got a feelin' your electric touch could fill this ghost town up with life~

I hum to the lyrics and finish setting up my books for the day. I turn to my right completely unaware of the open locker door beside me. Before my head could touch the metallic surface and add fuel to my series of already happening headaches , a warm hand covers my forehead. I close my eyes shut, getting startled. 

"Be careful Taehyung... you would not want to hurt yourself right in the beginning of the day" I open my eyes immediately hearing his voice and look at him. As usual, he looked handsome, even more than he looked a millisecond ago. I carefully back off and close both the doors of lockers. 

"Thank you Jeongguk..." I smile at him. He displays his contagious bunny smile back to me. He then notices the earphones in my ears and does actions like he was asking what was I listening to. Without thinking further I take out an earpiece and put it in his ears as we both now listen to the song while looking at each other.

I was thinking just one time (just one time)
Maybe the stars align (just one time)
And maybe I call you mine

"Wow you listen to Taylor Swift?" He asks and adjusts the earpiece comfortably in his ear. He starts walking slowly along with me in the corridor, the earphone string between us and the crowd in the hallway made us walk really close to each other that our shoulders were touching.

"Yes I do... Do you?" I ask him back. 

"Of course I do." He smiles. "She is literally my music inspiration... I really want to write and make songs like her one day" His eyes were shining as he spoke about music. 

"Come on let's sit somewhere till the bell rings. We still have time left." He suggests and we both take a seat at one of the benches in the beautiful front yard near the basketball court. The morning winds of spring season hit me with a wave of refreshment. I take a deep breathe of air as I feel Jeongguk taking off his earphone beside me after the song ended. I also do the same and keep the earphones and my phone in my bag. 

He then starts humming to some random music in his melodious voice.

"You really seem to like music..." I say looking at him. For the first time I was the one to initiate a conversation between us. 

"Right... You know Tae my mom actually loved playing piano. So when I was small, I always used to sit near her and listen to her playing the piano." He smiles and I also smile seeing him totally ignoring the fact that he just called me Tae. 

"And then whenever I got a chance I just played any random keys on the piano, and it sounded like a cat just walked over a piano" I laugh along with him. "Since then I have had a passion for music and yeah it is my dream..." 

He looks at me. "What is your dream Taehyung?" I stop laughing. 

I did not have any dream like him. Once again he made me realize how different we were... and I kept silent.

He raises his eyebrow with an encouraging smile. 

"I- I don't have any dream... " I look down and say. As a child a person has many dreams... ranging from being an actor to a doctor, their dreams change everyday. But when you grow up, you realize that dreaming is just not everything...you start to get confused... And when you actually decide to explore yourself, the society thinks it is the right time for you to get into a well settled job and when you get to know what your true interest is, it's already too late for the society to accept... That's why I did not have any dream. All I did was...I went along with the flow... 

But for the first time I felt like I needed to have a dream. Just to show Jeongguk the same stars that he had in his eyes when he spoke about his dream.

"Hey... It's alright..." His voice was soft. "It's okay to take your time you need. I know about my passion because I have been surrounded by the same thing since my childhood and I loved it... But many people aren't..."

I look up as he gives a soft smile to me and continues. "You know we live in a generation that romanticizes moving forward as quickly as possible when it comes to careers and our futures and our success within them." 

I stare at him astonished as he voiced out my thoughts... "But there is no point in rushing quickly towards a life that will not inspire you or fulfill you. So it is okay to slow down and take your time. You are in no rush to figure out your own soul. It's never too late to start over, to change your mind,  to redirect yourself, to replace the dreams and goals you thought you wanted to achieve for the ones that genuinely interest and excite you." His voice was encouraging and hopeful. 

"And I know there must be something which excites you. Something you really really love to do?" He asks. I nod slowly.

"I- I really like to sketch..." He smiles at my words. 

"See you do have something you have a passion for. So Mr. Taehyung keep going, because this world needs your uniqueness, your talent and your art. And you are very much capable of doing something beautiful with your life..." 

I was speechless. He totally amazed me by his positive outlook on everything. With wide eyes filled with admiration, I smile widely and nod at him. He was bringing the change in me, I never knew I needed.

"So are you going to show me your artworks or not artist Kim?" He says after seconds of silence.

I laugh and a blush adorns my face. "Of course I will. Anytime you want" My gaze shifts to a new flower coming out of a bud near the bench. It was blooming beautifully just like the friendship between me and him.

Soon the bell rings. "Alright I guess I will see you during lunch" I smile at him fondly and say.

"Yeah and don't forget to keep your promise Tae. Show me that something you are passionate about." He stands up. I nod and we both part ways going to our respective classes.

---------------------------

Do vote and comment if you liked the chapter💗
~Momo💜