nine

"What is up with you nowadays, Taehyungie?" I look up upon hearing Jimin

"What is up with you nowadays, Taehyungie?" I look up upon hearing Jimin. Currently we were in my bedroom packing stuff for the upcoming three days trip. Jimin was selecting clothes for me and I was folding them to keep in the suitcase. 

"What?" I ask confused.

"I mean you are behaving quite differently nowadays... You are strangely very quite sometimes and frequently lost in thoughts...as if..."

"As if?"

"As if you have grown a liking towards someone!" He suddenly states taking a seat beside me on the bed. I widen my eyes. How does he know me so much?

"See your eyes tell that I am saying the truth..." 

"There's- There's nothing like that Jiminie... what are you even thinking?" I avoid his gaze. 

"Oh come on Tae! Out of all people I am the worst person you can choose to lie. And I know because you behaved the same way when you got a crush on that jock Minho when we were in ninth grade..."
Choi Minho was the vice captain of our school's handball team... and yeah I had a crush on him but it turned out that he already had a girlfriend and also that he was the biggest jerks of all times.

"But this time it's more serious I guess. So tell me who's the guy Taehyungiee~~" He wiggles his eyebrows at me.

Is he Sherlock Holmes or something?

"No." I say and lay back on my bed. He pouts and launches himself on me.

"Taeeee!! Pleasee. I promise, I won't tease you" He whines like a child.

"Noo I know you willl" I shake my head in disapproval. He surely will tease me a lot. 

"No I won't"

"You will... you say that everytime and then tease the hell out of me whereas I did not even once tease you about Yoongi hyung" I say and slap his hand that was about to tickle my sides. 

"That's different" He pouts.

"No it isn't-" 

"Tae! There's someone coming to meet you upstairs honey!" My mom's voice interrupts me. I already had an idea who it must be...

"Okay!" I say back.

"Fine... If you won't tell me... I will find it myself" Jimin grumbles and lays on his back beside me. I just laugh at his child like tactics and hug him tightly to which he just scoffs but lets me do it. Of course I will tell him once I have sorted out my feelings. But one thing is clear, there's nothing I can hide from Park Jimin. 

The door to my bedroom opens and I see Jin hyung coming in with a smile. I was right.

"Jin hyung!" I excitedly say and get up to hug him. Jin or Kim Seokjin is my cousin, who is practicing as a doctor here in Seoul. He frequently pays us a visit and spends time with me and Jimin. 

Jin hyung laughs as me and Jimin as we both engulf him in a big hug. 

"Are you going somewhere Tae?" He asks pointing towards the suitcase, as soon as we release him from the hug. 

"Yeah our college has organized a trip to Deungsan spot... So I was helping Taehyungie pack and later on he will help me" Jimin says with a big smile. His mood really changes so fast. 

(A/N: It's a hypothetical name. 'Deungsan' means hiking in Korean, so basically they are going to a hiking spot)

"Wow! You guys should really enjoy the trip! I have heard it's a nice place" Jin hyung smiles and sits on the bed. 

"We will" I say as we three sit on the bed and then talk about anything and everything going on in our life. 

🤍🤍

"Jimin how are you guys going to come to college on the day of the trip?" Yoongi hyung asks. We all were sitting on the table eating our food. 

"Uh I haven't thought about it..." Jimin says.

"Ohh" He says. After a while he continues. "Actually, Me and Jeongguk were going to come in my car so I was thinking that I can also pick you both. If that's okay with you?" Way to go hyung...

"Yeah yeah it's perfectly fine hyung. Right Taehyungie?" Jimin says. I look at him and nod with a smile. 

"Yes. Thank you hyung" I say as I take a sip of my soup. I smile at its taste. It was warm and made me feel good with the upcoming rainy season.

I didn't like rain that much because everytime it came, it brought a lot of infections for me, provided I caught cold quite easily.
But I also didn't hate it. I have always had this wish to dance freely in rain with that special someone. I guess everyone has this one wish whether on not they like rain. I mean how beautiful it would be to be carefree for just once. No music required, we will just dance to the sound of our racing heart beats with the rain as a background music. 

My chain of thoughts quickly shift to Jeongguk, who has not yet come in the cafeteria. As if it was a miracle or the power of my thoughts my eyes immediately spot him entering the cafeteria. 

But he was not alone. He was with someone. A girl.
They were talking and laughing over something as they served themselves food. Soon they reach at a particular table and that girl waves his hands as a bye to Jeongguk, who mirrors her actions and makes his way towards us.

He, as always, takes a seat beside me. But I cared less because now I was experiencing a new emotion in me. Till now it was all butterfly feelings and racing heartbeats, whenever he was near. But now, was it the fact that the girl was indeed very beautiful, or that he laughed with her like he did with me, I felt...jealous.

I hate it. This feeling. I despise it so much. I shouldn't be feeling like this. All these new emotions make me want to scream my lungs out... They are too much for me to handle at the same time. I don't know what to do with them, where to go with these feelings... especially when I know that I am alone... that he will never reciprocate or feel the same way as I do. In the end, I will be left alone with these outraging emotions. 

My head hurts as I tighten my wrists and sit back on my chair. My soup was now cold like the beads of sweat falling off my forehead.

"Yo JK! Who was that you were talking to? You got a girlfriend?" I hear Hobi hyung say. 

"No hyung... She was Chaeyoung, my classmate from singing class... She was asking if I wanted to work on a song with her in our project... I said yes. So we were talking about that" 

Was I relieved? Maybe... but the inner turmoil created in me along with my aching head was making me uneasy.

"Ooooh... But you have got a fair chance bro... Grab it before it's too late" Hobi hyung laughs. 

"You are talking like you are doing a commercial for Christmas sale Hobi" Yoongi hyung says and everyone at the table cackles up. I take a sip of my cold soup to hide the fact that I was not at all comfortable with the conversation going on.

Luckily the topic quickly shifts to something else and soon the bell rings. 

Tomorrow we are going to go for the trip. Hope everything goes well. 

---------------------------

What are your thoughts on the story so far?

Do vote and comment if you liked the chapter💗

~Momo💜