Chapter 10

Ryder

Since graduation was in the morning, it gave us the rest of the day to spend with family and pack after brunch. We left weapons in the cars to avoid alarming anyone.

Jaxson and Etienne discuss their wedding plans with Jolene Hughes, Etienne's mother, who is very sweet. They explained to her all about how we are going to do a substantial grandiose double wedding in the summer. We will have little Sawyer, Etienne's eight-year-old niece, as a flower girl.

Jolene is positively gushing over them. I can tell she loves all of us guys as her sons. She calls them all mon fils, my sons, whenever she addresses any of us. By the end of lunch, she calls Natalie ma jolie fille, my beautiful daughter. I suppose she has just been adopted by his momma, too.

Viper or Axel Hughes, reminds me of an older version of Grimm. They look nothing alike. They are juxtaposed, sitting side by side, but their mannerisms are remarkably similar. Grimm is blonde, blue-eyed, and fair-skinned whereas Axel is golden-skinned with chocolate hair auburn highlights, and chocolate eyes. Nathaniel looks just like his father. Nate's daughter Sawyer looks very similar to them as well, with the same hair and eyes.

SSA Brooks becomes much more relaxed as the day wears on. The weird thing is all of our family is staying in the same hotel until tomorrow. Then it's back to California for SSA Brooks and to Louisiana for Etienne's family.

Our family went to the hotel while we went to a nearby park in town so the moving crew could work at the cabin, where we would spend our last night. Regrettably, none of us made it to the cabin.

 Regrettably, none of us made it to the cabin

My head is throbbing. I open my eyes to see only a crystal chandler. I try to move my limbs but cannot seem to manage. I don't recollect what happened. We were in Buckskin at a park, just lounging around so we could stay out of the moving crew's way. I fell asleep alongside Jaxson and Etienne while Natalie, Dominic, and Callum went to a nearby café for coffee. Where am I?

I must have voiced the question out loud. "Oh, you're awake. Your father said I could have you since he was just going to kill you, anyway. Now you get to be my sex slave, chained to my bed for the rest of your life."

What delusional dribble is this woman saying? I will be damned if I'm bound to anyone's bed that isn't one of my husbands or wife for the rest of my existence.

"Maleigha, there is only one woman who does it for me and you are not it," I deadpan, bringing a cold calm into my body, numbing my emotions.

Please, body, don't betray me. I cannot control my body's sexual impulses those are just natural functions.

"You say that now, Ryder, but this way you will lose everything but me. I will be everything for you. You will not need that annoying red-headed friend of yours or that country cunt," Maleigha says, dragging her manicured hands down my chest.